Med's Done....
November 2014
Passport Req..
May 19, 2015; In Process: May 4, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
praying and hoping it will be soon!
LANDED..........
hopefully soon!
Hi! I have few questions running in my mind right now. Three years ago, i got married to a Filipino-Canadian Permanent Resident back home, and a year after, he sponsored me to come to Canada, and I landed Permanent Resident. Even before i came here in canada, i found out a lot of secrets about him that made me feel betrayed, but still, i went on with the marriage hoping to build the trust back as we spend a new life together in Canada. However, in few months of living together with him, he treated me like CRAP. He verbally abuses me, curses me like a mad man, on 2 occasions he became physically aggressive, he doesn't even want me to work, and continue on with my education, he 's never supportive of my well-being. Basically, he just wants me to become his SLAVE. After a year of being together, i decided i couldn't take this anymore, so i decided to live separate and apart from him... or else i'll go crazy! He even threatened me that if i go, he will call CIC and tell them that i'm leaving so they can have me deported. But with bravery, I chose to leave, for I know I would lose myself if I’m gonna stay longer.

It’s been a year now since the day of our separation, and I started moving on. I’m planning to file for divorce, but I fear that he will insist on calling our marriage as a fraud and push through deporting me.

Do you think he has enough grounds to call this as a fraud? Does he have grounds and power to deport me?

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I wouldn't believe a word your husband told you.

From what I have read you will not lose your PR status. If you where genuine you are fine.

But talk to your divorce lawyer. Explain the situation because it may affect how he files the paperwork.

Good luck.

Apr 11, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Top of the day to you.That bloody crap husband of yours cannot do anything about deporting you. In any abusive situation like that, it is right to leave him and file a divorce. Sponsors have a three year obligations to the persons they sponsor, It is not an excuse to abuse just because he sponsored you here, hey what the heck you married him anyway. Go to the nearest Legal Aid Office and get a certificate of legal aid to file for a divorce. Cheers.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unitedbritishphilippines said:
Top of the day to you.That bloody crap husband of yours cannot do anything about deporting you. In any abusive situation like that, it is right to leave him and file a divorce. Sponsors have a three year obligations to the persons they sponsor, It is not an excuse to abuse just because he sponsored you here, hey what the heck you married him anyway. Go to the nearest Legal Aid Office and get a certificate of legal aid to file for a divorce. Cheers.
I guess you are aware that the OP was over four months ago?

Zee.One

Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
Nomination.....
PER Received 10-01-2012
IELTS Request
8 bands Sent with Application
File Transfer...
In Process 10-01-2012
Med's Request
10-03-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Interview........
14-02-2013
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (31-05-13) PPR-2 (25-06-13)
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
LANDED..........
Sep/October
Its extremely awful to hear troubles you had.

You are totally safe and secured when its come to PR depending it has been achieved through legal documents & process.