+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

separated married applying Canada visited visa with common law partner from kuwait

rosewelt

Nov 26, 2020
hello friend;
i am separated married with usa wife married in canada 15 years back i was on refugee claimed which rejected later so i came back to my country
now i am living in kuwait as a residence with my common law partner with my 3 children since 14 years and wants to visit canada in summer 2021 for 3 weeks
my question is can i tell VO all truth and what chance are for my approval for visit visa
having a good job + travel history +bank statement all well
it will effect my refugee claim or common law partner?
help please

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello friend;
i am separated married with usa wife married in canada 15 years back i was on refugee claimed which rejected later so i came back to my country
now i am living in kuwait as a residence with my common law partner with my 3 children since 14 years and wants to visit canada in summer 2021 for 3 weeks
my question is can i tell VO all truth and what chance are for my approval for visit visa
having a good job + travel history +bank statement all well
it will effect my refugee claim or common law partner?
help please
You will need to declare the rejected refugee claim in your visitor visa application to Canada. You have no choice but to tell IRCC the truth in your application since the US and Canada share immigration information.

A refused refugee application does generally make it more difficult to be approved for a temporary visa to Canada. However if you can show strong ties to your home country and also show travel to other countries requiring visas (e.g. UK, etc.) then there's certainly a chance the visa may be approved. It also helps that the refugee claim was almost 15 years ago. Make sure you provide strong evidence of your employment, property ownership, assets, etc. If you are a temporary resident of Kuwait rather than a citizen, that will weaken your application. However not much you can do about that.

I would apply soon. Processing times are around 130 days right now.

rosewelt

Nov 26, 2020
Thanks a lot Scylla
What about my marital status as I married 15 year back with American girl in canada after 3 year we separated (not devoirced) now I am in Kuwait living with common law partner
With 3 childrens
Is this negative or positive point?
Or should I apply separate and my partner apply separate it will work
Or we both apply togather because my partner is house make not working?
Really appreciate your advice

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot Scylla
What about my marital status as I married 15 year back with American girl in canada after 3 year we separated (not devoirced) now I am in Kuwait living with common law partner
With 3 childrens
If your whole family wants to travel that will make your application weaker.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot Scylla
With 3 childrens
If you are common law both you and your common law wife must declare that you are in a common law relationship in your application so there is no point in applying separately.