+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent my application today

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
Sent my apication today, thought it was perfect. I just gave 1 question:

When I got my open WP 1,5 years ago I was completely done with my studies but my study permit was still valid for 3 month.

So basically 3 months of my 14 months of CEC experience I still had a study permit. Once again I was not a full time student anymore but did I have to point that out to the VO? Can I still do that when I receive my AOR or even before. I feel like I should let the vO know that in order for him not to strike those 3 months.

If you need more details I had a study permit and then I finished my studies and got an open work permit under my husband who is an international student so it wasn't any off campus WP or any think like that. It was an open WP that is good for cEC.

Thanks for your help. I hate this paranoia that I am having. :D

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
I held a study permit and coop WP bothexpiringin 3 months that V cic just gave me like they do with study permits
They always give you 2-3 extra months. My studies were done, my husband west to college and I got an open WP under him so I statrted working towards cec on the third day I got my open WP and I had 14 months of cec when I applied (today) I am afraid they can think I was still a full time student and strike my experience for those months I still held a study permit. But I wasn't a student anymore so should I let them know or will they just look at my background declaration and figure that themselves?

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keep in mind that work experience accumulated before convocation date will also not be counted. I hope that wasn't the case with you.

ukulele said:
I held a study permit and coop WP bothexpiringin 3 months that V cic just gave me like they do with study permits
They always give you 2-3 extra months. My studies were done, my husband west to college and I got an open WP under him so I statrted working towards cec on the third day I got my open WP and I had 14 months of cec when I applied (today) I am afraid they can think I was still a full time student and strike my experience for those months I still held a study permit. But I wasn't a student anymore so should I let them know or will they just look at my background declaration and figure that themselves?

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
MrB said:
Keep in mind that work experience accumulated before convocation date will also not be counted. I hope that wasn't the case with you.
that has nothing to do with convocation, I wasn't at college or anything, that was a program less than 8 months, there was no PGWP... But my study permit was issued for a longer time than my course was so that is what it was... My open work permit (sposal wp) was issued without attachments to any college or anything, I got one because my husband is an international student so it is fully open and it is ok for CEC... My question is about those 3 months that were left with my previous study permit. Are they automatically cancelled since I changed my status to accompanying spouse?

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
anyone else? I am sure there were cases like that before when ppl had leftovers of their study permits while already gaining CEC experience?

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
When was the degree awarded? Count your experience from then .

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
MrB said:
U do know they change the rules now..They dont care when u convocated....all they need to know is 1st day of wp

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
ukulele said:
anyone else? I am sure there were cases like that before when ppl had leftovers of their study permits while already gaining CEC experience?
your WP automatically expires as soon as they issue a WP to you. As long as you show in ur application u finished ur course it will be fine..My frns got same issue they all got PR in 12 months...no reviews..Good luck

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
eds1275 said:
When was the degree awarded? Count your experience from then .
That is what I did and how I counted. Now, do I have to point that out to the VO? Or will he or she look at my Background Declaration and figure it out? That is what I am trying to figure out. I forgot to address that in my application, what should I do now? Just forget about it since they look at background declaration or be safe and send them a letter of explanation? If yes, when do I send it to them? Before AOR or after?

Thanks!

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
gladaki said:
your WP automatically expires as soon as they issue a WP to you. As long as you show in ur application u finished ur course it will be fine..My frns got same issue they all got PR in 12 months...no reviews..Good luck
by application you mean Background declaration? or an actual letter that i finished on a particular date?

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
ukulele said:
That is what I did and how I counted. Now, do I have to point that out to the VO? Or will he or she look at my Background Declaration and figure it out? That is what I am trying to figure out. I forgot to address that in my application, what should I do now? Just forget about it since they look at background declaration or be safe and send them a letter of explanation? If yes, when do I send it to them? Before AOR or after?

Thanks!
You just sent your application in....
They will look at your form and dont worry keep calm order ur GCMS after 6 months to see status of ur application. They will count ur exp from 1st day of work permit.