+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors....Need info pls help!!!

anu_pallavi

Full Member
Jun 8, 2011
48
1
Harrisburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05 2011 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 05 2011 (AINP)
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
Oct 05 2011
Med's Done....
April 01 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
Hello Seniors,

Well as I updated in my status that after a long long long wait we got out Visas/COPRs :)

We means Myself, my husband and my Daughter planning to do landing on 1st June 2013 with our Own CAR. I need some valuable inputs from seniors who has done landing (preferably recently)

Current Situation: Our visas are valid only for 2 months ie it will expire July 13th 2013, so having a short period of visa issual we are not getting any jobs with such a short notice. So our plan is to finish Landing Formalities on 1st of June then return to USA on the same day then later searching for a good Job in Canada staying out in USA

Well I need some help regarding my landing:

1) What are the documents I need to carry?

2) Is that ok to do landing and come back to USA on the same day??? I have a family friend in Toronto, planning to give their address to mail our PR Cards by saying we are renting their portion of the house until we move permanently to other good place (however I will not be disclosing that I'm going back to USA on the same day instead I would be saying that I'll stay for weekend in my friend's place and return to USA and finish all the left over work at USA and will be back to Canada in another 20 to 30 days) Will this reason leads to any suspicion with Immigration Officers? Don't know I'm scared :(

3) How about Proof of Funds? What exactly I need to show Proof of Funds???Even though I'm not permanently moving to Canada on June 1st, still I have to show Proof of Funds, eventually moving after 20 to 30 days.... Lol!!!

4) even though I have no Intensions of moving permanently to Canada shortly still I'm thinking to take filled 2 copies of B4 and B4A forms (just to give some sort of assurance with IO that I'll be moving shortly), so how long will returned stamped B4 forms will be valid.

5) How about jewelry, do I need to do anything with that too ( I don't have much though)?

6) For PR Card, do I need to carry the filled application form as well or is that Immigration Officer will take care of that???

7) As I said earlier I'll be not moving to Canada shortly or I can say until I get a good job so is it mandatory to apply for SIN and Health Insurance on the Landing day itself or is that ok to apply when I move permanently to Canada???

More than all I need lot of inputs to import Our 2 cars, is there any particular topic related to that in this Forum??? Appreciate to share that link with your response :)

Please seniors help me out with your valuable responses!!!

Thanks in advance...

Anu
 
 

diwas007

Member
May 20, 2013
10
0
Hello Anu!

although i am a newbie to this site but still by searching this site i came to this thread which gives me a lot of information about CARS & everything,hope it helps you too.

oops,just copy this and paste in top right hand side search box - LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.
then just click on the thread by qorax.

as i m not able to post links here!!

Thanx!!!
 

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
4,406
323
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) What are the documents I need to carry?

Passport and original COPR.

2) Is that ok to do landing and come back to USA on the same day??? I have a family friend in Toronto, planning to give their address to mail our PR Cards by saying we are renting their portion of the house until we move permanently to other good place (however I will not be disclosing that I'm going back to USA on the same day instead I would be saying that I'll stay for weekend in my friend's place and return to USA and finish all the left over work at USA and will be back to Canada in another 20 to 30 days) Will this reason leads to any suspicion with Immigration Officers? Don't know I'm scared

You can return the same day. No problem. The CBSA are not so keen to know whether you are returning to USA or remaining in Canada. If they ask, you can tell that you plan to go back and come later for settlement, when you are ready. For PR Card delivery you may give a friend's address. That address should be given to the officer at the boarder with your COPR.

3) How about Proof of Funds? What exactly I need to show Proof of Funds???Even though I'm not permanently moving to Canada on June 1st, still I have to show Proof of Funds, eventually moving after 20 to 30 days.... Lol!!!

As you are Skilled worker immigrant you are supposed to show the funds as required by CIC, which you have already disclosed while applying. However, I cannot assure but, you can show your latest bank statements to the officer, if asked. Tell the officer that you will transfer the funds from your US bank account to Canadian bank after getting your SIN and opening a bank account in Canada. You don't have to tell all these unless asked about funds. Some officers will not ask about it some some may be!!.

4) even though I have no Intensions of moving permanently to Canada shortly still I'm thinking to take filled 2 copies of B4 and B4A forms (just to give some sort of assurance with IO that I'll be moving shortly), so how long will returned stamped B4 forms will be valid.

You don't have to convince the CBSA by pretenting in such a manner that you are going to settle down immediately. They don't care whether you settle in Canada immediately after landing or go back to USA. But if you plan to bring some of your personal effects - house hold stuff, better you get the B4 form stamped. Otherwise later when you bring/send any household items by carrier as "goods to follow" you may be liable to pay customs duty. But if you have only normal baggage of cloths and items of personal use, there will not be any problem and without form B4 you can bring along. However, It would be safe to get the form stamped when you are initially crossing the boarder while "landing"as new immigrant. You will get the form stamped within a short time.

5) How about jewelry, do I need to do anything with that too ( I don't have much though)? >

You are allowed to carry reasonable quantity of jewelry for casual ware or party ware etc. No need to declare as it is not for gift or sale.

6) For PR Card, do I need to carry the filled application form as well or is that Immigration Officer will take care of that???

The COPR will do the job, Give your new address to the officer. No need of an application form.

7) As I said earlier I'll be not moving to Canada shortly or I can say until I get a good job so is it mandatory to apply for SIN and Health Insurance on the Landing day itself or is that ok to apply when I move permanently to Canada???

Not mandatory to apply straight away. If you are returning same day, next day or within a couple of days, you can apply for it while you come next time. You can finish the SIN card process within a day if you have time. For health card, you need to give an address proof.

More than all I need lot of inputs to import Our 2 cars, is there any particular topic related to that in this Forum??? Appreciate to share that link with your response .

I cannot answer about car importing with two lines. There are lot of discussions on this forum about it. Also check the websites for importing a personal car to USA.

useful links:

http://settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4000503

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safevehicles-importation-usa-index-445.htm
 

anu_pallavi

Full Member
Jun 8, 2011
48
1
Harrisburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05 2011 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 05 2011 (AINP)
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
Oct 05 2011
Med's Done....
April 01 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
diwas007 said:
Hello Anu!

although i am a newbie to this site but still by searching this site i came to this thread which gives me a lot of information about CARS & everything,hope it helps you too.

oops,just copy this and paste in top right hand side search box - LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.
then just click on the thread by qorax.

as i m not able to post links here!!

Thanx!!!
Thanks Diwas, sure would do that!!!
 

anu_pallavi

Full Member
Jun 8, 2011
48
1
Harrisburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05 2011 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 05 2011 (AINP)
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
Oct 05 2011
Med's Done....
April 01 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
wilson said:
1) What are the documents I need to carry?

Passport and original COPR.

2) Is that ok to do landing and come back to USA on the same day??? I have a family friend in Toronto, planning to give their address to mail our PR Cards by saying we are renting their portion of the house until we move permanently to other good place (however I will not be disclosing that I'm going back to USA on the same day instead I would be saying that I'll stay for weekend in my friend's place and return to USA and finish all the left over work at USA and will be back to Canada in another 20 to 30 days) Will this reason leads to any suspicion with Immigration Officers? Don't know I'm scared

You can return the same day. No problem. The CBSA are not so keen to know whether you are returning to USA or remaining in Canada. If they ask, you can tell that you plan to go back and come later for settlement, when you are ready. For PR Card delivery you may give a friend's address. That address should be given to the officer at the boarder with your COPR.

3) How about Proof of Funds? What exactly I need to show Proof of Funds???Even though I'm not permanently moving to Canada on June 1st, still I have to show Proof of Funds, eventually moving after 20 to 30 days.... Lol!!!

As you are Skilled worker immigrant you are supposed to show the funds as required by CIC, which you have already disclosed while applying. However, I cannot assure but, you can show your latest bank statements to the officer, if asked. Tell the officer that you will transfer the funds from your US bank account to Canadian bank after getting your SIN and opening a bank account in Canada. You don't have to tell all these unless asked about funds. Some officers will not ask about it some some may be!!.

4) even though I have no Intensions of moving permanently to Canada shortly still I'm thinking to take filled 2 copies of B4 and B4A forms (just to give some sort of assurance with IO that I'll be moving shortly), so how long will returned stamped B4 forms will be valid.

You don't have to convince the CBSA by pretenting in such a manner that you are going to settle down immediately. They don't care whether you settle in Canada immediately after landing or go back to USA. But if you plan to bring some of your personal effects - house hold stuff, better you get the B4 form stamped. Otherwise later when you bring/send any household items by carrier as "goods to follow" you may be liable to pay customs duty. But if you have only normal baggage of cloths and items of personal use, there will not be any problem and without form B4 you can bring along. However, It would be safe to get the form stamped when you are initially crossing the boarder while "landing"as new immigrant. You will get the form stamped within a short time.

5) How about jewelry, do I need to do anything with that too ( I don't have much though)? >

You are allowed to carry reasonable quantity of jewelry for casual ware or party ware etc. No need to declare as it is not for gift or sale.

6) For PR Card, do I need to carry the filled application form as well or is that Immigration Officer will take care of that???

The COPR will do the job, Give your new address to the officer. No need of an application form.

7) As I said earlier I'll be not moving to Canada shortly or I can say until I get a good job so is it mandatory to apply for SIN and Health Insurance on the Landing day itself or is that ok to apply when I move permanently to Canada???

Not mandatory to apply straight away. If you are returning same day, next day or within a couple of days, you can apply for it while you come next time. You can finish the SIN card process within a day if you have time. For health card, you need to give an address proof.

More than all I need lot of inputs to import Our 2 cars, is there any particular topic related to that in this Forum??? Appreciate to share that link with your response .

I cannot answer about car importing with two lines. There are lot of discussions on this forum about it. Also check the websites for importing a personal car to USA.

useful links:

http://settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4000503

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safevehicles-importation-usa-index-445.htm
Wilson,
U believe it or not I was above to send Personal Message to you :) N also I had a gut feeling that you would be replying to my Post too, don't know HOW!!!

Well thanks again for your prompt response. Especially my main worry about importing our cars... after doing landing I've to look more in to this for future permanent movement....

Coming to B4 Forms....How long will that be valid for after stamping from Immigration Officer?

Anu
 
 

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
3,251
474
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anu_pallavi said:
Wilson,
U believe it or not I was above to send Personal Message to you :) N also I had a gut feeling that you would be replying to my Post too, don't know HOW!!!

Well thanks again for your prompt response. Especially my main worry about importing our cars... after doing landing I've to look more in to this for future permanent movement....

Coming to B4 Forms....How long will that be valid for after stamping from Immigration Officer?

Anu
Hi Anu,

There is no validity date for the B4 forms. It will be wise to have all your jewellery photographed and attached to your forms when you do your landing.

Mitali