+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

seniors; any special problems?

koelaboe

Apr 2, 2011
i am a canadian male 67 going to sponsor my american fiancee 70, soon to be my wife.
we have all the papers ready to fill out and now need to gather all the documentation of our 'journey' together.

after scouring the pages i have not seen many references about people over 65 going through the spousal sponsorship .

how about you people over say 65, are there any success stories we can take comfort from?

or maybe some stories with different hurdles for older aged people.

thanks!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
koelaboe said:
i am a canadian male 67 going to sponsor my american fiancee 70, soon to be my wife.
we have all the papers ready to fill out and now need to gather all the documentation of our 'journey' together.

after scouring the pages i have not seen many references about people over 65 going through the spousal sponsorship .

how about you people over say 65, are there any success stories we can take comfort from?

or maybe some stories with different hurdles for older aged people.

thanks!
I am not in the age bracket that you specify, but "older aged people" do immigrate to Canada.
Hurdles, well gathering all the work history and the dates, in some cases a list of divorces (humour) :)
Of course older people may have travelled more, so might need more police clearance certificates.
Older applicants may also have the benefit of more, or a wider range work experience - a plus in my book.

Do I think age would be a problem with regard to immigration, no.

If you have specific questions, just ask.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

sh_humayun

Mar 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
08-02-2013
Thank you for reply.

But in 2AOR it is clearly written that if i am unsucessful then my fee will be returned. Now a days my estatus is showing "Inprocess ". The things wrote in side, it is out of my understanding. Detailis as under:

"We received your application for permanent residence on April 2010. We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 2010.
Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office.
They are pending review. A decision has been made on your application.
The office will contact you concerning this decision. We transferred your application to the London England office on July , 2010. "
The London England office may contact you

What is this please help me

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D Looks sh_humayun made his reply on different topic. Better 'remove' and place it on the correct thread.