Star Member
Aug 16, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/05/2016 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
05/12/2016 (Height/Eye Color & Passport)
Nomination.....
26/08/2016
AOR Received.
10/10/2016
Med's Request
29/09/2016 (upfront)
Med's Done....
05/01/2017
Passport Req..
03/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
15/02/2017 (Applied:08/02/2017)
LANDED..........
08/04/2017
faisal892 said:
Hi,

I will land in Canada in mid march and will be back to my home country after three weeks. My cousin who is living in Toronto will receive my PR card and will courier it to me. I want to know whether it is legal because I have heard from somebody that it is illegal to courier PR card out of Canada. Please if any body could advise.

Faisal
Off topic but ... why do want to return to your home country within three weeks?

kaizadhans

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20/04/2016
AOR Received.
10/06/2016
Passport Req..
06/12/2016
Guys i am planing to do soft landing and go back in 1 week, later ask my relatives to courier me pr card, and then come back after 2 years. will that be okay? or will i not be allowed to enter canada again?

Regards,
Kaizad

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
kaizadhans said:
Guys i am planing to do soft landing and go back in 1 week, later ask my relatives to courier me pr card, and then come back after 2 years. will that be okay? or will i not be allowed to enter canada again?

Regards,
Kaizad
plenty of people do this and there is no issue having your card mailed to you. Remember your residency obligation though that you must spend at least 2 years out of 5 in Canada. You will need yout PR card in order to travel back to Canada and as a PR you will be allowed into the country no problem.

hina zaidi

Aug 30, 2014
open ups post box. they will send your pr card after you did short landing to your home country address.

i did that and many other also. you hv to search right location of po box. every uPS office has different rates.

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
hina zaidi said:
open ups post box. they will send your pr card after you did short landing to your home country address.

i did that and many other also. you hv to search right location of po box. every uPS office has different rates.
Hi Hina Zaidi

Could you explian this further? (UPS Mail box)? Is this only available in Ontario? I cannot see it in Halifax.

Also, please answer me the following;
We are going to land in halifax in July 2017 with one of my friends family. While my family and I will stay there only for 2 weeks, my friend will wait for our PR Cards. My friend said he has seen somewhere that one address can be used only for maximum of 4 PR Cards. Is this true?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
YANP said:
Hi Hina Zaidi

Could you explian this further? (UPS Mail box)? Is this only available in Ontario? I cannot see it in Halifax.

Also, please answer me the following;
We are going to land in halifax in July 2017 with one of my friends family. While my family and I will stay there only for 2 weeks, my friend will wait for our PR Cards. My friend said he has seen somewhere that one address can be used only for maximum of 4 PR Cards. Is this true?
http://www.theupsstore.ca/216/services/mailboxes/

One location linked above. Sure there will be more.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
UPS Mailboxes are a good - if expensive - way of getting a PR card couriered to you to your home country.

The reason for being expensive is that you need to rent the box until the PR card is delivered. This could take a long time especially if there is request for updated photos. Also, the rent of the mailbox does not include forwarding charges. These are charged separately, and depend on the final destination of the document.

As others have said before, there is no law couriering the PR cards out of Canada. CIC clearly says that they will not send them outside Canada, but that is their operating procedure. Another way of getting a PR card is to have a friend or relative carry it for you if they are travelling to your destination.

An alternate method is to simply apply for a PRTD if you are outside Canada and have to re-enter without receiving the PR Card.

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Hot2Cold said:
UPS Mailboxes are a good - if expensive - way of getting a PR card couriered to you to your home country.

The reason for being expensive is that you need to rent the box until the PR card is delivered. This could take a long time especially if there is request for updated photos. Also, the rent of the mailbox does not include forwarding charges. These are charged separately, and depend on the final destination of the document.

As others have said before, there is no law couriering the PR cards out of Canada. CIC clearly says that they will not send them outside Canada, but that is their operating procedure. Another way of getting a PR card is to have a friend or relative carry it for you if they are travelling to your destination.

An alternate method is to simply apply for a PRTD if you are outside Canada and have to re-enter without receiving the PR Card.
Thank you

Also, if it is possible, please answer me the following;

We are going to land in halifax in July 2017 with one of my friends and his family. While my family and I will stay there only for 2 weeks, my friend will wait for our PR Cards (including mine). My friend said he has seen somewhere that one address can be used only for maximum of 4 PR Cards. Is this true?

Please reply. Thanks

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
YANP said:
Thank you

Also, if it is possible, please answer me the following;

We are going to land in halifax in July 2017 with one of my friends and his family. While my family and I will stay there only for 2 weeks, my friend will wait for our PR Cards (including mine). My friend said he has seen somewhere that one address can be used only for maximum of 4 PR Cards. Is this true?

Please reply. Thanks
I have never heard of this restriction, and it does sound implausible.