+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending in passport

marlaANDmateh

May 26, 2007
Hi

Im a UK citizen looking to gain PR in canada via spousal sponsorship from my soon to be wife.

Thing is we have read here it can take up to 7 months maybe longer for the process to go through in the UK.

We dont look forward to the idea of me loosing my passport for over 7 months, as really we had hoped that my visits to canada could continue while the PR application was going through.

I read on here that for PR, a photocopy of my passport will suffice .

Is this true? can i send them a photo copy of my passport ?

Also, has anyone been able to visit thier spouse while waiting for PR ? Im in the UK at the moment and my fiance ( soon to be wife ) is a canadian citizen.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Mateh

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
You only send a copy of your passport with the application. Later they'll ask you to send the passport itself, but it'll be returned fairly quickly.

dpshah

May 2, 2007
I already sent my passport to New delhi some 8 months before. Since then Delhi is sleeping excepting once when they replied asking me to wait and saying there is nothing on my part to do anything. If I need passport, which I am realy in need of that what can I do? Can anybody reply me?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
If you happen to have a copy of your passport and all pages made prior to sending it to the visa office, you might send that and ask them to return your passport. Explain that you need to travel or whatever.

Otherwise, I don't know. But I'm not an immigration expert - just an immigrant like you.

tg