+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending in extra photos after submitting application?

bongd

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm spending Christmas and New Year in Canada with my husband :) I'm wondering if it will help my case if I send them extra evidence from my trip (boarding passes, photos, etc.). Or would it actually slow down the process? Has anyone done this?

From reading around here, it seems people either upload extra stuff onto the online enquiry form, or send the hard copy by mail. Which way is better?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless you feel that you did not send sufficient proof of your relationship in your original application, i don't think it's necessary to add additional information. My guess is that it could slow down your application processing slightly as the new information would have to matched up with your previous application. I also spent last Xmas and New Year's with my husband (we had applied in Sept. 08) but I didn't attach any additional proof after our application was submitted and we were approved without issue. My advice would be to only add the extra info. if you feel that the evidence that you submitted initially isn't strong enough to stand on its own OR if they have specifically asked you to submit additional documentation or proof.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
we sent a second package by mail to our visa office with more proof of our relationship in addition to the file that was sent in the original application. it actually helped our application and they waved the interview.
we used the courier to sent it, as it was more than enough info to submit on-line.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
we sent a second package by mail to our visa office with more proof of our relationship in addition to the file that was sent in the original application. it actually helped our application and they waved the interview.
we used the courier to sent it, as it was more than enough info to submit on-line.
But how do you know that the 2nd package of information actually helped you? How do you know that they wouldn't have also waived the interview with only what you sent them originally?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some people (like me) sent very, very little evidence compared to most people here, and did not get called for interviews.

There is no way of knowing whether the second package made any difference or not. Post hoc, ergo propter hoc...

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
A question and a comment, please.

First, how woud one send additional information online? Does the visa office give you the email address of the visa officer in charge of your file?

Second, Karlshammer -- I haven't heard that term (for false reasoning) since university. Refreshing. Let's trade: my a priori for your post hoc ... etc etc.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hahaha! You'll have to forgive a former philosophy major. Ooops, perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned my education, because this might make appear to be using argumentum ad verecundiam...

Ok, as fun as this could be, I think we should stop before we annoy (even more?) people. :)

bongd

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toby, there is an option to upload files in the online enquiry form, so I'm guessing that's where people send it from.

I thought of sending extra stuff because my husband and I haven't been together for that long (10 months). We had a civil registration 6 months into the relationship, to which we didn't invite anyone because our families and friends are scattered in different countries. We wrote on the forms that we're planning to hold a gathering to celebrate in the future when we have more time to plan one, but we don't have any definite date yet. So I'm a bit worried that they're going to doubt that our relationship is genuine. I'm hoping the fact that I'm making an effort to spend time with him will help convince them. Also, this January our relationship will be one year old, so that will also hopefully show them that it's a stable, ongoing relationship.

I'd be interested to hear more experience about sending extra evidence (or not).

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
ariell said:
But how do you know that the 2nd package of information actually helped you? How do you know that they wouldn't have also waived the interview with only what you sent them originally?
we ordered CAIPS notes and it was clearly written there, that based on receiving a 2nd package (they mentioned both the date they received it and all the contents of it) we were recommended for interview waver.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Karlshammar said:
Some people (like me) sent very, very little evidence compared to most people here, and did not get called for interviews.

There is no way of knowing whether the second package made any difference or not. Post hoc, ergo propter hoc...
yes, in some cases it works depending on the way your relationship was developing. but many visa offices still do interview to make sure - for example our visa office conducts interview in 90% of cases, and were could consider ourselves lucky to have it waved for us.

and yes, there was a way for us to find out that our 2nd package helped us. all cases are different.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which visa office? It mainly depends on your origin. For example, Caribbeans and South Americans are almost always interviewed, west Europeans almost never...

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Suin:
A personal question, please? WHy order CAIPS notes if you got the visa? I thought one ordered them only to prepare an appeal.