+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seized Passports | Protected Person --> Permanent Resident

ABCD_123

Mar 12, 2020
Hello

My family and I got our PR cards two years ago but never received the seized passports. They were seized in London, ON and the PR cards issued from Ottawa as we moved there. Now I tried multiple times to communicate with IRCC-online queries, initially, they said they notified the concerned department but then they advised to communicate directly with IRCC-London. As they advised, I sent a fax with no response from London and then I mailed a letter to IRCC-London without any response also. I'm afraid they misplaced our passports since during our hearing the judge (member) requested colour copies of all passports including the cover so I have no idea what happened to our passports.

Any suggestions/thoughts, please.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello

My family and I got our PR cards two years ago but never received the seized passports. They were seized in London, ON and the PR cards issued from Ottawa as we moved there. Now I tried multiple times to communicate with IRCC-online queries, initially, they said they notified the concerned department but then they advised to communicate directly with IRCC-London. As they advised, I sent a fax with no response from London and then I mailed a letter to IRCC-London without any response also. I'm afraid they misplaced our passports since during our hearing the judge (member) requested colour copies of all passports including the cover so I have no idea what happened to our passports.

Any suggestions/thoughts, please.

Thanks
Would wait until the covid infections calm down and ask your MP to help. Right now they are likely too busy so would wait.

Reactions: ABCD_123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I didn't think MPs would help in this. Will try it as soon as things become better. Thanks
Yes they can help with lots of things. The best use of their services is if you have attempted normal channels and have waited an acceptable period of time but have gotten nowhere. They will try to make some calls and figure it out for you.

Reactions: ABCD_123