+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking refuge in Canada

lfg2707

Jan 5, 2024
Hello, me and my partner are in Canada as a visitors. I'm jewish and my family too and due to the recent events of the war between Gaza and Israel my family was attacked in Argentina were we are from. I'm so worried to come back so we are seeking to file a claim to be refugees here. What i need to present for our case? What happened if i asked for a work permit and then i get refused to be a refugee?
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, me and my partner are in Canada as a visitors. I'm jewish and my family too and due to the recent events of the war between Gaza and Israel my family was attacked in Argentina were we are from. I'm so worried to come back so we are seeking to file a claim to be refugees here. What i need to present for our case? What happened if i asked for a work permit and then i get refused to be a refugee?
Thank you
I would recommend you speak with a lawyer before you submit a refugee claim. You will need to provide evidence of persecution in Argentina (and also any other country where you may hold citizenship) and will also have to show you have no alternative internal flight options. You will want to show evidence of the actual attack and also evidence that you reported this to the police and what action was taken.

I don't understand your last question about the work permit. However if your refugee claim is refused, this triggers a removal order.