+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Journalism, PR jobs and Permanent Residence

muayboxe

Jan 18, 2021
Hello!
I and my wife, (both 43 yrs) and children 9 and 10 yrs old, are looking at Calgary, Canada as our destination to settle down with a new life, for our children's education and career prospects. Both of us are Journalists by training and profession and also both of us are Certified Fitness, Yoga, and Muay Thai Kickboxing Instructors as well. I have been teaching Muay Thai and Fitness, Wt Los since 2004

In India, we work as Content Editors (myself) and as PR Manager (my wife) and also Teach Yoga, Muay Thai, Wellness and Meditation.
Yet, our main reason to shift base is Children's future and a healthy stable income. Need insights into the Canadian job market in the post Covid-19 era. And, how competitive is the Journalism and Content Editing, Writing /development scenario in Canada.
How's the demand for Journalists in Calgary specifically.
Thanks and regards,
Nitesh

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello!
I and my wife, (both 43 yrs) and children 9 and 10 yrs old, are looking at Calgary, Canada as our destination to settle down with a new life, for our children's education and career prospects. Both of us are Journalists by training and profession and also both of us are Certified Fitness, Yoga, and Muay Thai Kickboxing Instructors as well. I have been teaching Muay Thai and Fitness, Wt Los since 2004

In India, we work as Content Editors (myself) and as PR Manager (my wife) and also Teach Yoga, Muay Thai, Wellness and Meditation.
Yet, our main reason to shift base is Children's future and a healthy stable income. Need insights into the Canadian job market in the post Covid-19 era. And, how competitive is the Journalism and Content Editing, Writing /development scenario in Canada.
How's the demand for Journalists in Calgary specifically.
Thanks and regards,
Nitesh
Your ages will make it a challenge to qualify. I would start by assessing how many points you have under Express Entry. You need to score around 470 to be selected out of the pool.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Journalism is not going to be an in-demand occupation in any province. So Express Entry is probably your best bet. But you need to score enough points.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your ages will make it a challenge to qualify. I would start by assessing how many points you have under Express Entry. You need to score around 470 to be selected out of the pool.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Journalism is not going to be an in-demand occupation in any province. So Express Entry is probably your best bet. But you need to score enough points.
Also just to add certification in yoga, fitness and kickboxing give you no points or benefits for immigration purposes.