+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

seeking for information

perih eric

May 30, 2018
Hi to all in the forum,

Please i am a Cameroonian from the Northwest region new in this platform .
Please my country is currently facing a serious political and social crises which has greatly affect my region and as a result it has completely displace my families , which has made some seeking refuge in other state and others seeking refuge in the neighboring country like Nigeria and other countries. Now i have been working in UAE for over 3 years and am on vacation and fine it difficult to go back to my country as most of the houses in my village has been burnt down to ashes.

please i will appreciate if someone can help advise me if i can apply for refugee in Canada from UAE ?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi to all in the forum,

Please i am a Cameroonian from the Northwest region new in this platform .
Please my country is currently facing a serious political and social crises which has greatly affect my region and as a result it has completely displace my families , which has made some seeking refuge in other state and others seeking refuge in the neighboring country like Nigeria and other countries. Now i have been working in UAE for over 3 years and am on vacation and fine it difficult to go back to my country as most of the houses in my village has been burnt down to ashes.

please i will appreciate if someone can help advise me if i can apply for refugee in Canada from UAE ?
You can't. You will need to first be recognized as a refugee from an organization like UNHCR. They will then try to resettle you in a safe country somewhere in the world (not necessarily Canada).

To claim asylum in Canada, you must first apply for and get a TRV/tourist visa approved to come here and can only claim asylum after you arrive. Seeing as you have no real ties to home country, chance of a TRV being approved are incredibly low (although you can certainly try).

perih eric

May 30, 2018
You can't. You will need to first be recognized as a refugee from an organization like UNHCR. They will then try to resettle you in a safe country somewhere in the world (not necessarily Canada).

To claim asylum in Canada, you must first apply for and get a TRV/tourist visa approved to come here and can only claim asylum after you arrive. Seeing as you have no real ties to home country, chance of a TRV being approved are incredibly low (although you can certainly try).

Dear Sir,
thanks for your kind advise however i recently tried to apply for a tourist visa to Canada and was rejected reason been that '' there is no enough reason why i wanted to visit Canada''
in this regard do i need to approach the Canadian immigration again to explain my situation ? or i should try to contact UNHCR?

i will appreciate your kind advise.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Explaining to IRCC will definitely get your next visa application refused and likely any future applications. Despite accepting refugees, Canada does not make it easy to apply. If you can’t get a visa, your only choices are to leave your home country and apply through the UNHCR or see if there may be a third party organization willing to sponsor you for groups if 5 sponsorship.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/help-outside-canada/private-sponsorship-program/groups-five.html

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
in this regard do i need to approach the Canadian immigration again to explain my situation ? or i should try to contact UNHCR?

Canada does not allow people to come to Canada, who intend to claim asylum upon arrival. TRVs are only granted to genuine visitors/tourists who intend to leave Canada once their authorized stay is over.

If you tell Canada you want to claim asylum here, you are guaranteed to be rejected for any application to come to Canada.

If getting a TRV to Canada is not possible, and neither is someone sponsoring you from Canada as a refugee, then Canada may not be a possibility for you. If you can get yourself recognized successfully as a refugee from UNHCR, as mentioned they will try to find a safe country in the world to accept you.