May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hello all;
one of my far-relatives from syria just sent me a message saying that he is going to an airport in Turkey to get on a plane for Canada.He doesnt have any kind of visa and wants to seek asylum at port-of-entry here in canada.

is it possible for him to get here? if he passes the border,do airline personnel check your passports on board?

Thank you,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bkara said:
Hello all;
one of my far-relatives from syria just sent me a message saying that he is going to an airport in Turkey to get on a plane for Canada.He doesnt have any kind of visa and wants to seek asylum at port-of-entry here in canada.

is it possible for him to get here? if he passes the border,do airline personnel check your passports on board?

Thank you,
No - not possible. The airline won't let him board the plane to Canada without a valid visa. He needs to obtain a valid visitor visa to Canada in order to claim asylum at the POE.

Mchd12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Barquisimeto, Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
he or she needs a TRV to enter Canada.

a very VERY weird but viable solution would be to travel to a 3rd country, get the canadian visa from there, fly back to syria and do the move!

I suggest this because there are geographical pools where it is easier to get a tourist visa, central or south america for example.

Mr Singh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
To be Filed
Doc's Request.
Soon
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
Soon
IELTS Request
7.5,7,6,7=7
File Transfer...
Soon
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Mchd12 said:
he or she needs a TRV to enter Canada.

a very VERY weird but viable solution would be to travel to a 3rd country, get the canadian visa from there, fly back to syria and do the move!

I suggest this because there are geographical pools where it is easier to get a tourist visa, central or south america for example.
Does this method to Canada TRV really works ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mr Singh said:
Does this method to Canada TRV really works ?
No - it doesn't work. It's typically harder to get a TRV from outside of your own country since it's more difficult to show ties. Best place to apply for a TRV (highest chance of approval) is from your home country.

Mr Singh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
To be Filed
Doc's Request.
Soon
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
Soon
IELTS Request
7.5,7,6,7=7
File Transfer...
Soon
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
scylla said:
No - it doesn't work. It's typically harder to get a TRV from outside of your own country since it's more difficult to show ties. Best place to apply for a TRV (highest chance of approval) is from your home country.
hmm thats what i thought....

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:

Your concept is correct Syclla, but not necessarily.

My mother came from 3rd world country to Canada on TRV, then she applied for Schengen visa from inside Canada she was approved for multiple 2 years visa.
So really depends you could try your luck

manofextreme

Nov 2, 2015
As per my information Canada and America air tickets are issued only if there is valid visa details available. You can book a ticket but for its issuance finally, they need certain details.

Well, in that case, if your friend is able to board a flight directly coming to Canada then his visa would not be checked on the way. Once he is able to arrive at any POE in Canada, he should right away tell to the immediate person he meets at immigration counters that he want to apply for Refugee.