+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Advice...Trying To Get My Husband To Canada

GhanaLove

Oct 13, 2011
Hi Everyone. I hope i can find someone in my situation. I had gone to Ghana last year and married my husband. It has already almost been 1 year without filing for him. The reason being that I had to go on welfare and I have been trying to find work...ANY work. I know that you cannot be on welfare and sponsor someone. But I have no choice. I really miss my husband ALOT. It is hard on both sides. But not even my husband knows, I can't bare to tell him my situation fear that he will just give up hope somehow. I have some interviews to go to but I have been on a good amount and still nothing. And when I do find a job my question is how long should I wait before applying for him? Oh i hope someone can direct me. Thanks :(

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
It's true that a person on welfare can not sponsor. The requirements can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp#sponsoring They don't say how long you have to have been off welfare but you can call CIC and ask.

Feb 10, 2014
Hello GhanaLove, i'm married to a Canadian woman as well and was refused for Visitors Visa and about the sponsorship she was approved but in Ghana help i was refused..i think we should find a way of making this people know how real we are..just last month i was refused for Visitors Visa....