+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking advice for short term long-distance relationship.

rswallace

Jan 15, 2024
Hi everyone,

I’m seeking advice for my situation. I met my partner three months ago. He was visiting family in Canada when we met. He returned to Mexico in December. We’ve been committed to each other since we met and maintained our commitment since he returned. He plans on returning to Canada in the spring or early summer, and we will live together. Soon after, we’re going to get married and apply for spousal sponsorship. I’m not sure how this will be perceived by the IRCC in terms of our relationship being valid. Is there any steps I should be taking now or advice on how to handle our situation?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me! :)

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Hi everyone,

I’m seeking advice for my situation. I met my partner three months ago. He was visiting family in Canada when we met. He returned to Mexico in December. We’ve been committed to each other since we met and maintained our commitment since he returned. He plans on returning to Canada in the spring or early summer, and we will live together. Soon after, we’re going to get married and apply for spousal sponsorship. I’m not sure how this will be perceived by the IRCC in terms of our relationship being valid. Is there any steps I should be taking now or advice on how to handle our situation?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me! :)
make sure you keep proof of contact when living a part