+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Securing a TRV for fiance

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
In the middle of Covid, there were people visited there too. Didn't you read the news?

You probably don't travel during Covid (not even interprovincial)
I think you're missing the point - Canada is not going to grant a visa to someone who wants to go to the Yukon to see the aurora in the middle of COVID.

On the other hand, for the first time in my memory, spouses who need a visa are actually being granted them under COVID family reunification policies.

But sure, be sarcastic about whether or not I've traveled, if that gets you laughs.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you're missing the point - Canada is not going to grant a visa to someone who wants to go to the Yukon to see the aurora in the middle of COVID.

On the other hand, for the first time in my memory, spouses who need a visa are actually being granted them under COVID family reunification policies.

But sure, be sarcastic about whether or not I've traveled, if that gets you laughs.
I think you are mistaken too. Yellowknife is in the North West Territories. People visited there during Covid.

Also, Canada can refuse people based on lack of employment prospect. But the poster you responded has not yet officially married yet.

I'm not being sarcastic, but it did not get me laughs.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I think you are mistaken too. Yellowknife is in the North West Territories. People visited there during Covid.

Also, Canada can refuse people based on lack of employment prospect. But the poster you responded has not yet officially married yet.

I'm not being sarcastic, but it did not get me laughs.
People are not getting visas granted to visit anywhere in Canada to see aurora during COVID. If they had a visa, they would not be admitted to Canada to see aurora in the NWT, YT, or in Edmonton.

There's a ban on entries to Canada for people who are not immediate family members or whose presence is otherwise essential and required in Canada. Seeing aurora would not be essential. The visa would not be processed nor approved at this point in time.

What I said was that. And that it would be better if the OP waited until being married and then applied for a TRV for family reunification.

But you've got some kind of amazing! awesome! guaranteed not to fail! theory that someone will be granted a TRV *now* for visiting Canada to see aurora, which is amazing.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People are not getting visas granted to visit anywhere in Canada to see aurora during COVID. If they had a visa, they would not be admitted to Canada to see aurora in the NWT, YT, or in Edmonton.

There's a ban on entries to Canada for people who are not immediate family members or whose presence is otherwise essential and required in Canada. Seeing aurora would not be essential. The visa would not be processed nor approved at this point in time.

What I said was that. And that it would be better if the OP waited until being married and then applied for a TRV for family reunification.

But you've got some kind of amazing! awesome! guaranteed not to fail! theory that someone will be granted a TRV *now* for visiting Canada to see aurora, which is amazing.
Thank you for your compliment. I am amazed. But I never said that someone will be granted TRV *now* for visitng Canada based on guaranteed not to fail! theory to see aurora, which is an awesome! amazing scenery in itself.

You, on the other hand, said "spouses who need a visa are actually being granted them under COVID family reunification policies" when the poster has not yet an officially married couple.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In case of people who cannot sponsor their spouses for PR previously, wouldn't this be a loophole for them to come to Canada? I mean they still cannot get PR but they can have family reunification in Canada. If they overstay, it will be up to authorities to deport them. Wouldn't that be expensive?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
In case of people who cannot sponsor their spouses for PR previously, wouldn't this be a loophole for them to come to Canada? I mean they still cannot get PR but they can have family reunification in Canada. If they overstay, it will be up to authorities to deport them. Wouldn't that be expensive?
I'm sure you've been paying attention to recent developments where tons of people who would not normally be able to get visas for spouses are actually getting them. Applying that way is considerably more likely to have a positive result than applying for a visa to see aurora during COVID.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thank you for your compliment. I am amazed. But I never said that someone will be granted TRV *now* for visitng Canada based on guaranteed not to fail! theory to see aurora, which is an awesome! amazing scenery in itself.

You, on the other hand, said "spouses who need a visa are actually being granted them under COVID family reunification policies" when the poster has not yet an officially married couple.
I said, multiple times that you are refusing to read, "apply once you are married" because she should not be applying *now* to see aurora during COVID, as that visa application will just be ignored.

The choice is this:

- Apply before marriage (in 2 months) to see aurora, which would mean applying during COVID restrictions

- Apply after marriage (in 2 months) for a TRV under reasons of COVID family reunification, which are actually more frequently being granted than I've ever seen for spouses who are visa required.

If OP waits until after marriage to apply for an aurora-viewing visa, they'll be refused. If they apply now, the visa won't be processed because it's not priority. There is a 2-month timeframe where OP is not married in which a pre-marriage TRV can be applied. I assume you're thinking that COVID will disappear sometime before November to allow the amazing! awesome! aurora visa to be granted.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's not a 100% guarantee that the visa will be granted, but it's far better than the 0% chance that an aurora-viewing visa will be granted before November.

It's up to IRCC to determine if someone who had PR spousal sponsorships refused would be granted a visitor's visa, if that's the thrust of your question.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I said, multiple times that you are refusing to read, "apply once you are married" because she should not be applying *now* to see aurora during COVID, as that visa application will just be ignored.

The choice is this:

- Apply before marriage (in 2 months) to see aurora, which would mean applying during COVID restrictions

- Apply after marriage (in 2 months) for a TRV under reasons of COVID family reunification, which are actually more frequently being granted than I've ever seen for spouses who are visa required.

If OP waits until after marriage to apply for an aurora-viewing visa, they'll be refused. If they apply now, the visa won't be processed because it's not priority. There is a 2-month timeframe where OP is not married in which a pre-marriage TRV can be applied. I assume you're thinking that COVID will disappear sometime before November to allow the amazing! awesome! aurora visa to be granted.
I too, said multiple times that you are refusing to read, Canada can refuse people based on lack of employment prospect.

The third choice is they postpone their wedding completely!