+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secondary review

Taro.rosemont

Aug 12, 2021
Hi friends, It has been 10 months that I don’t have any updates regarding my file and I am in background check processing . I tried to contact ankara visa office by email and I received below response. Does anyone know about this secondary review?

Greetings,

Please be advised that this file has been preliminarily assessed and is currently in the queue for the secondary review.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got the same email 2 weeks ago.. but l didn’t get any pre arrival
If you are in secondary review there isn‘t a timeline. Why you are in secondary review also has a big impact on your PR application. If this is due to spousal sponsorship there is a good chance this means you will need an interview.

Transporter

Dec 11, 2022
If you are in secondary review there isn‘t a timeline. Why you are in secondary review also has a big impact on your PR application. If this is due to spousal sponsorship there is a good chance this means you will need an interview.
l am at turkey with my children, my husband is refugee in Canada he submitted the documents including mine at the beginning of jan 2020, last month they wanted criminal records Back ground check and supplementary information.. medical and bio already done last year..
my file is processing in the embassy right now,
l don’t know why they put my file in the queue for secondary review

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
l am at turkey with my children, my husband is refugee in Canada he submitted the documents including mine at the beginning of jan 2020, last month they wanted criminal records Back ground check and supplementary information.. medical and bio already done last year..
my file is processing in the embassy right now,
l don’t know why they put my file in the queue for secondary review
Impossible to say. When did your spouse claim asylum and have you spent any time together in person since he came to Canada? You should really be posting under the refugee section. You aren’t going through family sponsorship your husband has included you in his PR application as a protected person.

Transporter

Dec 11, 2022
l got this email when l field webform
Greetings,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that this file has been preliminarily assessed and is currently in the queue for the secondary review.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Migration Section

Transporter

Dec 11, 2022
Impossible to say. You should really be posting under the refugee section. You aren’t going through family sponsorship your husband has included you in his PR application.
I got this email when l field the webform
Greetings,

Sincerely,

Migration Section

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
l got this email when l field webform
Greetings,

Sincerely,

Migration Section
This isn’t a secondary review like for family sponsorship. The secondary review is different as a protected person applying for PR. This is likely just a formality. Please post in the correct section. This is not a family sponsorship issue this is a refugee/protected person issue.

Akane

Feb 2, 2024
Did you have an interview?
The same scenario happened to me today. I have a spousal sponsorship application in process since December 2022. Had an interview (Ankara branch) and at the end of it, I was told that the relationship genuineness is no longer under any questions and I am to expect PPR in January 2024.
I got a request letter for a new criminal record about a month ago. Contacted IRCC to ask if I'm still expected to be among this year's QC admissions. The mail mentioned at the top of this conversation was the exact reply I got.
Is secondary review the default step after preliminary review (in cases that include a personal interview)? Or I must be concerned another factor may be involved and request notes?
Would there also be a final review as well?
In case you know anything about the matter I'd be very grateful if you could share your knowledge.