+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secondary diploma instead of language test?

live4film

May 17, 2018
I took the CELPIP years ago when I got PR. I was looking at the language section in the citizenship application and there is an option that reads "degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.

Is this specific to some other secondary language transcript, or can my official transcript for graduate school work? It's a masters degree so it counts as "secondary". But I'm not sure if that is what they actually want. It says studied "in" English. It's kind of ambiguous. All my schooling has been taught in English...or do they mean that I actually studied English as a school subject?

If that's not the case and I do end up having to take another language test, do I have to take the same CELPIP again or is there a language test specific to citizenship?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I took the CELPIP years ago when I got PR. I was looking at the language section in the citizenship application and there is an option that reads "degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.

Is this specific to some other secondary language transcript, or can my official transcript for graduate school work? It's a masters degree so it counts as "secondary". But I'm not sure if that is what they actually want. It says studied "in" English. It's kind of ambiguous. All my schooling has been taught in English...or do they mean that I actually studied English as a school subject?

If that's not the case and I do end up having to take another language test, do I have to take the same CELPIP again or is there a language test specific to citizenship?
Why are you not attaching the CELPIP test report from your PR for your citizenship application?

Reactions: snoopyta

live4film

May 17, 2018
I was told that I cannot use the the one I did for PR. Almost everyone at my work said they had to submit something new.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014

Your 'expired' CELPIP results should work. I used my IELTS score from PR application in 2010 when applying for citizenship.

dkfk

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Ok thanks. I'll look for it, should be somewhere around. Hopefully I can find it
I used a scan of my master's diploma (not even a transcript) from a US university. I had no issues with the language requirement.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I used a scan of my master's diploma (not even a transcript) from a US university. I had no issues with the language requirement.
Great! This is what i was looking for. Thanks for the update. So just to make clear, they had accepted it and your LPP was completed fine right?