+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secondary Applicant: Lost Job Appointment letter

Stitha1234

May 2, 2019
Hi,
I and My wife got ITA for Canada Express Entry. I'm the primary applicant and my wife is the secondary applicant. I have listed her Work Experience in the ITA application. Her points related to her Work Experience is 0. After we got ITA, we have started collecting documents. But my wife has lost her Job appointment letter and payslips of a Company A. Company A got Merged into Company B. However, Company B Experience letter and Relieving letter clearly mentions that my wife has been the employee of Company A and through merger-acquisition her experience is (Work ex at A + Work ex at B). Since, she is a secondary applicant, reference letters are not needed.
Could you please help me with the following questions. I'll be very thankful.
1. Since we have not claimed the points for her Work Experience, can we change EE application removing her work history?
2. If that is not possible, are the following documents (Combined Experience letter + Relieving letter + last 3 months payslip ) are ok?

Please advise

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, you can move it into her personal history since you're not getting any points. This is advisable in any case since you will not need to worry about submitting any documentation for her work.

I did this on my own application, and many people have done this. If you aren't getting points, why bother submitting all manner of unnecessary work documents? Just put it in her personal history and be done with it.