+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second Time Application- Need Guidance

Rod90

Feb 26, 2016
Hi all, :)

I'm from Hyderabad. I had applied for my study permit in November 2015 and got a rejection. My application details were as given below:

10th: 77.2 (2006)
12th(MPC): 73.1 (2008)
B.Tech(Mechanical)-Discontinued: 14 Live Backlogs (2008-2012)
Extra Curricular: Many National Projects related to Automobiles
Work Experience: 3 years (2013-2015)
IELTS: 7.5- L-8.5, R-8.0, W-6.5, S-7.0
Medicals: Done
Offer Letter: Niagara College, UG Diploma, Motive Power Technician(Co-Op), Non-SPP Admission(Winter intake-Jan 2016), They said I'm not eligible for an SPP admission as I have more than 5 years of gap in education.
Sponsor: My Mother, Central Govt. Employee, Annual Income- 18 Lakhs
Financial: 1st Sem Fee-Paid, PF Statement(Of Mom)- 28 Lakhs
GIC: Not Done(As it was unnecessary for a General Applicant)
Visa Application: General Student, Bangalore Embassy
Date Filed: 25th Nov 2015
Rejection Received: 18th Dec 2015
Reason for Rejection: Other Reasons- Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

After I got this rejection, I could not re-apply for the same intake as the deadline had passed. So, I informed Niagara College about my rejection and asked them to give me a deffered offer letter on the same course for the May/Spring 2016 Intake.

They said they would've done that provided it was an SPP admission, but as mine was a Non-SPP admission, they said giving a Non-SPP admit for the 2nd time wouldn't be possible.

So, I started applying for various colleges for a Mechanical related UG Diploma course for the May/Spring 2016 Intake. I was not given admissions and the reason they gave was that they cannot give Non-SPP admissions.

I got fed up, decided that I'm not eligible for any kind of study in the technical field due to my previous incomplete qualification and thought that I will switch to study and make a profession out of one of my hobbies i.e Cooking, which is a Hospitality and Culinary Arts related general subject.

I did a lot of homework and found out that George Brown College is the best institute for Culinary Management in Canada. So, I applied, got an offer letter and I want to apply for my Visa now for the second time.

So, this time the changes in my Visa Application are as given below:

Offer Letter: George Brown College, UG Diploma, Culinary Management, May/Spring 2016 Intake
Sponsors: 1) Mother- Central Govt. Employee, Annual Income- 18 Lakhs
2) Father- Central Govt. Employee, Annual Income- 6 Lakhs
Financial: 1) 1st Sem Fee- Paid
2) GIC- Done
3) PF Statement(Mother)- 26.8 Lakhs
4) PF Statement(Father)- 10.7 Lakhs
Visa Application: General Student

What are the chances for this application at the Embassy? How should I approach them through my SOP? Should I attach my previous rejection letter? Please, help me and guide me on the Do's & Don'ts for this time.

Urgent help needed, wishing to file my Visa application within 2 days! :-X

Regards,
Rod90

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think your chances of approval are extremely low since your planned education in Canada has nothing to do with your previous education or experience.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
scylla said:
I think your chances of approval are extremely low since your planned education in Canada has nothing to do with your previous education or experience.
It's really unfortunate that with the current rules, people cannot take-up (study etc.) in areas/subjects that are diverse from their usual line of study/experience etc.

Rod90

Feb 26, 2016
I heard a lot of experiences where people discontinued their B.Tech and opted to switch their field of study by choosing a different UG Diploma Course and their Visas were approved.

Does anyone know of any such successes either personal or in their peers?

Is there no chance or way where I can convince the Embassy that I want to start afresh in this field as it is a globally prominent field with promising careers? :'(