+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second page RCMP Criminal Record showed ACQUITTED for my girlfriend

maplebeacon62

Feb 16, 2015
Hello,

I have gotten my application sent, written the test, completed the interview, done my ceremony and received my citizenship card. I am now a happily Canadian and READY to VOTE!

My beloved girlfriend is getting ready to apply for Canadian Citizenship-single application.

She was charged with "drinking and driving and refusal" a few years ago. She fought and went trial and WON the case. The judge did found her NOT GUILTY. So, the outcome of the trial was NOT GUILTY.

She has request her RCMP Criminal record check and the result came back POSITIVE with 2 pages . We are very SCARED. :'(

Results came at the second page and mentioned the charge, date, location and the outcome. Outcome is noted as ACQUITTED.

We are very scared and have a few questions:

1- Why the RMCP Criminal Record check resulted positive as she has a criminal record?

2- Is this going to slow her application and may be get rejected?

3- Question 8 asks the following: Are you now or have you ever been in the last 4 years an inmate, probation, parole AND In the past 3 years, have you been convicted of an indictable offence AND Are you now charged with an indictable offence? Does she say YES or NO to these questions.

I could not sleep all weekend because of this situation. Thank you for your input in advance and I appreciate your time.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe use dictionary to find the meaning of ACQUITTED lol

Plus, don't drink and drive, or pay the consequences (don't know if she was at fault, but I am sure cops don't randomly arrest people without testing them for DUI).

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
It looks the "refusal" was all about. Probably she refused to be tested.
Anyway, your file sure will be there (RCMP database), even when acquitted. I believe there is a process to have your file removed from databases if acquitted or dismissed; check with a lawyer.
As it is now, it should not impact the application.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
maplebeacon62 said:
An advice from senior members would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!
Are you reading the replies? What advice you asking for? Do you think the "seniors" here are loaded with DIU acquittal charges to walk you thru the process?
Ask a lawyer for accurate advices.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
era1521 said:
Are you reading the replies? What advice you asking for? Do you think the "seniors" here are loaded with DIU acquittal charges to walk you thru the process?
Ask a lawyer for accurate advices.
Good one!!! Plus one for you.