+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scotia Bank, Start Right program! Funds Transfer before landing

Shani1214

Feb 23, 2018
Hi guys ,

Can western union service be availed to transfer money into Scotia international start right account if I don't transfer from my own account in my home country ?

Regards,

xel01

May 12, 2016
Than

Thank you for the detailed reply. I will look at what options I have. Certainly I won't be able to use the cash option for security and peace in mind. Arrangement with my bank should be the first choice. thank you once again!

Hi, I'm also from the UAE. How did you transfer your funds from UAE? or how did you bring it for landing?

jp.verma85

Dec 20, 2017
hi guys..I have a question..

I sent a wire transfer using my Kotak account in India by 22nd Jan to my Scotiabank start right account and on 28th Jan, I got an email that it has been rejected as the address from my sending account was of different city than the address in my Scotiabank account which is my permanent address on my passport.

Now, today is 5th Feb and I have still not got the money refunded to my Kotak account.

Any one faced similar issue? if yes, in how many days did you get he money back?

I am flying in another 10 days and need to sort it out as the proof of fund will have to be shown on landing..

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
hi guys..I have a question..

I sent a wire transfer using my Kotak account in India by 22nd Jan to my Scotiabank start right account and on 28th Jan, I got an email that it has been rejected as the address from my sending account was of different city than the address in my Scotiabank account which is my permanent address on my passport.

Now, today is 5th Feb and I have still not got the money refunded to my Kotak account.

Any one faced similar issue? if yes, in how many days did you get he money back?

I am flying in another 10 days and need to sort it out as the proof of fund will have to be shown on landing..
for me, it took a month to get back the money

Itsmemairaj

Aug 28, 2018
Seems like I'm in a similar situation being a resident of UAE and not a UAE citizen, I'm not able to wire money to the online so-called Start right account from ScotiaBank, and guess what?? their call center agent advised that it would work perfectly fine if I was a UAE passport holder :)
Did you find a way to transfer the money from UAE? If so do advise on the possible options

lef

Jul 31, 2017
Hi, I'm also from the UAE. How did you transfer your funds from UAE? or how did you bring it for landing?
hi ! do you have updates on your fund transfer from UAE to Canada? I am also an expat currently residing in UAE and will soon move in Canada. I'm worried about the Scotia rejection of wire transfer. Have you found other options? if you used scotia still, how was your experience? thanks

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
Try B
Well, the agent I spoke to said based on my nationality I can't open an account before arrival, I also tried the website and when I selected my nationality, a message stating that the service is not available for my country was displayed. Do you know other banks that extends service in UAE?
Try bank of Montreal but they have some documentation to be done! I guess same is with RBC.