+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scope for Marble and Granite Business in Canada

amit.w.k

Apr 17, 2020
Dear all,
We are Marble and Granite company based in Karnataka, India from past 25 years and now we are planning to start our business in Canada.

Please advise what are the probabilities and best province for start up.
What are the legal formalities and cost involved to start work.

Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear all,
We are Marble and Granite company based in Karnataka, India from past 25 years and now we are planning to start our business in Canada.

Regards
This is honestly a really horrible time to be starting a business in Canada. There are already many marble and granite companies here and they are not getting business right now due to COVID-19. I would recommend that you wait until the COVID-19 situation passes and the Canadian economy recovers before you consider starting anything here. There are many steps you need to go through to start a business here and it will take money and time to try to qualify. Again, now is not the time. Wait a year and see where things stand then.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also do a lot of research before moving to Canada and starting a business. Would visit the cities to look at competition and whether it makes sense to open up another business. The construction and renovation industry is pretty saturated and it is extremely dependent on housing prices and the economy. If you have an established business it may be best to stay where you are. In most cities there are long-standing stone businesses.

Jemish

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Would also do a lot of research before moving to Canada and starting a business. Would visit the cities to look at competition and whether it makes sense to open up another business. The construction and renovation industry is pretty saturated and it is extremely dependent on housing prices and the economy. If you have an established business it may be best to stay where you are. In most cities there are long-standing stone businesses.
Hello,
In my opinion province of Ontario is best and more precisely in Ontario - toronto, ottawa - cities are best.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
In my opinion province of Ontario is best and more precisely in Ontario - toronto, ottawa - cities are best.
There is a huge amount amount of competition and large stone companies with decades of experience especially in Toronto. It will be very hard to break into the market. Not sure if it worth the risk. This is why research will be extremely important.

Jemish

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
I mean to say you can work as suppliers for them. As many of them export their stone from india. After getting experience with canadian companies you can move here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I mean to say you can work as suppliers for them. As many of them export their stone from india. After getting experience with canadian companies you can move here.
Moving from international supplier that doesn’t need to live in Canada to having your own company is still a tough transition. The companies you have been supplying still exist and you haven’t built up any relationships with builders or tradespeople.

v_g1973

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2015
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
04-02-2015
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
LANDED..........
30-05-2015
Dear all,

Regards
Did you get started? Construction requires Marble and Granite for sure. So look at Ontario. Let me know if you have questions. My email is wegupta@gmail.com