+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

schools

lsac

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Hi,
Have you got children enrolled in French-speaking schools in Montreal? Would you recommend the school or not? I'm looking for primary and secondary schools for my two children. We are open to both public or private schools.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Have you got children enrolled in French-speaking schools in Montreal? Would you recommend the school or not? I'm looking for primary and secondary schools for my two children. We are open to both public or private schools.
Thanks
Your public school options are mainly based on where you live and whether you are in the catchment area.

lsac

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Thanks Canuck78. Maybe, should I ask if you could give a review of the school where your child is going to or are there websites where I can find reviews of schools?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Commuting in Montreal can be awful so you should be looking to live in an area where you won’t spend 2+ hours in your car everyday. In general there isn’t a huge differences in qualify of education in the various public school. Of course well established neighbourhoods with higher housing prices tend to have better scores because parents can often afford to provide more for their children and raise money for the school. It really often comes down to whether you get a good teacher in my opinion and whether there are happens to be some children who are more challenging to teach in the class. There are rating for schools online but take those with a grain of salt. You will pay more to be in what is considered a good catchment area as well. My advice is to focus more on reducing your commute time so you have time to spend with your family. If both parents are working you have to factor in childcare and being able to pick up the children on time. Would google horror stories about Montreal traffic as well.