+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schengen Part-Time PhD Study Visa refusal will Impact Candian Study Permit Application

Farhan Aziz

Jan 22, 2020
Dear All,
3 years ago, my long term visa (Part-Time Ph.D. Studies) was rejected by Czech Embassy Riyadh, with allegations such as why Long term visa is required for Part-Time studies and also study plan of the candidate is not clear.
Should I mention this refusal in my Candian study visa application form or not?
If yes, What kind of explanation in the form will be better?
I am applying for a Canadian study permit for my full-time Ph.D studies.

Thanks in Advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear All,
3 years ago, my long term visa (Part-Time Ph.D. Studies) was rejected by Czech Embassy Riyadh, with allegations such as why Long term visa is required for Part-Time studies and also study plan of the candidate is not clear.
Should I mention this refusal in my Candian study visa application form or not?
If yes, What kind of explanation in the form will be better?
I am applying for a Canadian study permit for my full-time Ph.D studies.

Thanks in Advance
Yes - you must mention the refusal. In terms of an explanation, you should simply list the reason why you were given for the refusal.

If you are applying for PhD level studies in Canada this refusal shouldn't impact your application.

Reactions: Farhan Aziz

Farhan Aziz

Jan 22, 2020
Yes - you must mention the refusal. In terms of an explanation, you should simply list the reason why you were given for the refusal.

If you are applying for PhD level studies in Canada this refusal shouldn't impact your application.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
The previous refusal was also for Part-time PhD studies and mainly due to the absence of a Study Plan document which usually not required at initial stages. I am planning to attach 3 pages of refusal document with my Canadian Study permit for PhD studies and hope it will work.

Thanks again

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
The previous refusal was also for Part-time PhD studies and mainly due to the absence of a Study Plan document which usually not required at initial stages. I am planning to attach 3 pages of refusal document with my Canadian Study permit for PhD studies and hope it will work.

Thanks again
I don't think you need to submit the 3 pages of refusal documents. I would simply declare the refusal and say it was due to the fact that your planned studies were part time and the absence of a study plan document.

Reactions: Farhan Aziz

Farhan Aziz

Jan 22, 2020
I don't think you need to submit the 3 pages of refusal documents. I would simply declare the refusal and say it was due to the fact that your planned studies were part time and the absence of a study plan document.
Ok, that's fine. I will simply mention the reasons without attaching the refusal letter.
Thank you very much for the guidance