+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schedule IMM 5669 personal history

Lionir

Mar 10, 2021
Hello,
Please help me with this question.
According to the instruction on how to complete Schedule A ( IMM 5669) in section 8 personal history
applicants have to include periods of working and not working (if you are not working explain what you were doing, for example unemployed, studying, travelling..)
Nothing is mentioned about vacations.
But in the checklists most Canadian immigration programs for example, the Caregiver program (IMM5981)or the Atlantic immigration program (IMM0155) state that you have to include vacations in a Schedule A IMM 5669.
Maybe someone has a clear understanding of what to do in this situation:
Do I need to include vacations in a personal history?
When you include vacations the table becomes very difficult to review.
Thank you in advance!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You wrote:

According to the instruction on how to complete Schedule A ( IMM 5669) in section 8 personal history
applicants have to include periods of working and not working (if you are not working explain what you were doing, for example unemployed, studying, travelling..)

Would you agree that could also mean vacationing? Just write vacation[ing] and move on! ;)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Maybe someone has a clear understanding of what to do in this situation:
Do I need to include vacations in a personal history?
When you include vacations the table becomes very difficult to review.
Thank you in advance!
In my view, regular paid vacation while employed (i.e. as part of continuous employment, such as getting a month off during summer etc) doesn't have to be separately disclosed.

If you look at the form, it only goes down to months, i.e. you do not need to get down to level of days or even weeks. So obviously short vacations don't even register.

Therefore, basically, any vacation less than month (or actually say the bulk of a month like three weeks, depending how split) doesn't need to be disclosed. Those above that - do. Again - these would only be vacations that occur between other main activities (eg taking three months off between jobs or travelling several months after completing studies).

It's up to you whether you disclose 'vacation' as unemployed or travelling or vacation or something else.

[Personally I would disclose long periods not actually working for one's employer even if provided for by contract i.e. six months or more leaves of absence, sabbaticals if used to live/work somewhere else entirely, but these types of corner cases are separate issues.]

Lionir

Mar 10, 2021
Thanks a lot! I appreciate it!!!
It's extremely comprehensive and professional response. Please, one more question. I was unemployed for about 5 months and two months of them I was outside of the country. In your opinion Do I need to separate this period? or write it using one period?
for example:
08.2019-11.2019 Unemployed
07.2019-08.2019 Unemployed, Visiting relatives (out of the country)
06.2019-07.2019 Unemployed
or
06.2019-11.2019 Unemployed
And what addresses do I have to put? Only my own country? or also address my relatives? Do they mean the address where I was physically located or ...my own country?
Thank you so much!!!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
And what addresses do I have to put? Only my own country? or also address my relatives? Do they mean the address where I was physically located or ...my own country?
Thank you so much!!!!
I don't think this matters all that much but I would personally put the first option (split them). A bit of a judgment call depending on length of time outside country etc.

Side note for clarity: I am NOT addressing the question here of travel history (when/if required), which does (as I recall) request more detail.

Reactions: Ponga