02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
hello everyone,

i need advice especially for 2 questions:

Question #11 - Personal History

1. overall it's very clear - my partner he either studied or worked for longer period of times in the same place; the problem is in the past few years he had a lot of business trips in many countries - trips related to his work projects; the trips varied from a few days to a few weeks, they r clearly dated with his passport stamps....now my question is: do we need to add them as personal history?

on a side note, on one of those trips i went with him too and it was part work part pleasure :) and we will mention this for our relationship proofs; also, last year he applied for visit visa in Canada and in that application he needed to write countries he visited and he mentioned all; so i'm afraid if we don't write them here too, it will backfire at us; but it's not clear for me if they want to know where u were or they want to know what u have been doing or BOTH? :-\

2. every year he's going back to his home country for short trips for various reasons; do we need to mention those too?

Question #13 - Government Positions

my partner worked in the IT department for a government office (system admin things, network, etc etc); we will write that in the Personal History part but does that mean that he held a government position? (i hope not, cuz since it is not a democratically elected government, it could raise unnecessary red flags for him and have extra security checks delays :()

i did spend the last hour searching pages and pages regarding to this form, but i did not find a similar situation; so thank u for ur time to read and guide us; hope no more questions will appear in the future

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
hello everyone,

i need advice especially for 2 questions:

Question #11 - Personal History

1. overall it's very clear - my partner he either studied or worked for longer period of times in the same place; the problem is in the past few years he had a lot of business trips in many countries - trips related to his work projects; the trips varied from a few days to a few weeks, they r clearly dated with his passport stamps....now my question is: do we need to add them as personal history?

on a side note, on one of those trips i went with him too and it was part work part pleasure :) and we will mention this for our relationship proofs; also, last year he applied for visit visa in Canada and in that application he needed to write countries he visited and he mentioned all; so i'm afraid if we don't write them here too, it will backfire at us; but it's not clear for me if they want to know where u were or they want to know what u have been doing or BOTH? :-\

2. every year he's going back to his home country for short trips for various reasons; do we need to mention those too?

Question #13 - Government Positions

my partner worked in the IT department for a government office (system admin things, network, etc etc); we will write that in the Personal History part but does that mean that he held a government position? (i hope not, cuz since it is not a democratically elected government, it could raise unnecessary red flags for him and have extra security checks delays :()

i did spend the last hour searching pages and pages regarding to this form, but i did not find a similar situation; so thank u for ur time to read and guide us; hope no more questions will appear in the future
Did he get his visitor visa? seames like they already have all his information in their system, however, I think that all the countries that you guys visited and stay for over 6 months have to be listed in you immigration application and you should not have any problem with a couple of weeks.
Cheers,

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
thanks for the fast reply beauhoe

no he did not; I live with him outside Canada and each time I wanted to go back to Canada for visit, we wanted to go together but they rejected him on the basis that they were not convinced that he would leave Canada (that's very common rejection unfortunately); so yeah they should have already info about him (if they reached at that stage of process) but i don't think that they have it in the detail and depth that they need to have it now; for a visit visa u just need to enumerate the countries u visited, now it would be more - exact periods, reason; even if we would write them the activity and the employer would be the same; i don't want to put too much and maybe confuse them but i don't want to put too little either and have delays and issues on the long run; so i'm still confused

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:

no he did not; I live with him outside Canada and each time I wanted to go back to Canada for visit, we wanted to go together but they rejected him on the basis that they were not convinced that he would leave Canada (that's very common rejection unfortunately); so yeah they should have already info about him (if they reached at that stage of process) but i don't think that they have it in the detail and depth that they need to have it now; for a visit visa u just need to enumerate the countries u visited, now it would be more - exact periods, reason; even if we would write them the activity and the employer would be the same; i don't want to put too much and maybe confuse them but i don't want to put too little either and have delays and issues on the long run; so i'm still confused
Oh I see! You have to list every single of your trips with specific date. It is better to tell them everything and wait for extra time than not and get rejected. Put everything on the table and I will be praying for you guys.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:

Take a look on this: http://www.canadajobsandimmigration.com/version4/instructions_IMM%200008Schedule%201.pdf
Cheers,

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
thanks for the reply and example; i looked at it but that case is pretty straightforward; i guess for the personal history we would add a separate table with all his business trips; that way it stays clear that he resided and worked in the same place; if they see the trips were short maybe they won't even bother to do further checking but at least it does not look that we tried to hide something

hmm let's say for Personal History i'm less lost now; but for the Gouverment position question NO :-\

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
thanks for the reply and example; i looked at it but that case is pretty straightforward; i guess for the personal history we would add a separate table with all his business trips; that way it stays clear that he resided and worked in the same place; if they see the trips were short maybe they won't even bother to do further checking but at least it does not look that we tried to hide something

hmm let's say for Personal History i'm less lost now; but for the Gouverment position question NO :-\
I am sure that other guys will come forward to tell you about the government position. I wish you all the best.
Cheers,

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
I believe your don't need to list trips/vacations in your personal history. Some embassies eg. Paris require you to fill out a travel form but if you're not required to do that you just list what he was doing in those periods of time... Employed, study, ect.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
yes Kelkel you are right thank you; i forgot to check the region specific form; we do have to provide there a detailed travel history so the problem is solved :)

but i'm still confused about the Question #13 - do they consider that he had a government position or not?

anyone? thank u for your help

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
yes Kelkel you are right thank you; i forgot to check the region specific form; we do have to provide there a detailed travel history so the problem is solved :)

but i'm still confused about the Question #13 - do they consider that he had a government position or not?

anyone? thank u for your help
Yes, if he worked for the government he had a government position. It doesn't necessarily mean his background checks will take longer. Bottom line is that no one can predict how long any background checks will take.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Yes, if he worked for the government he had a government position. It doesn't necessarily mean his background checks will take longer. Bottom line is that no one can predict how long any background checks will take.
thank you rjessome, u r all the time so clear and helpful :) i'm just scared that for the visa office we'll b applying from it could take up to 25 months so i really want to avoid giving them any reason for taking that long or more :( but as u said, i guess it will not be on my control

manang1

Apr 13, 2013
hi missmini,

Im searching about Question #13 and I read this. We have the same situation of your partner, i also work in government office as a staff. Im so confuse now if I need to write it on in this question, because if I analyze and read the question it says -List any government positions (such as civil, judge, police officer, employee in a security organization) you have held. Include position you ave held before or after your retirement.

Im just an employee in government office I dont know if I need to write it. Just want to ask, if you include your partner working experience in this question? hope you can help me. Thanks