+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scenerio of investment banking/Corporate Finance/M&A jobs in Alberta

allstar

Sep 18, 2010
Sad to say but during my search, I found that Toronto, ON has more I-Banking/CF/M&A jobs than Alberta. Are there any Boutique I-Banks who can fill this lack? Working at Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, Societe Generale, JP Morgan Chase with skill set in Valuation and Modelling is definitely hard deal but atleast with PR in USA one can get in Boutique type I-Banks. I was anexious if somebody else has also done some work in this industry in Alberta?

There are some I-Banking positions in Alberta but either they are contract of 3 month or very senior level Director type position where you need 12-15 years of experience. And of course they will then ask for local experience, I suppose. Unlike in USA, where you start as an Analyst then Associate, Alberta I-Banking, capital Market job scene is completely different.

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a clarification - how could you be working at all those banks at the same time? Are you an Analyst or an Associate? Are you in an investment banking support team that supports multiple banks/groups? If so, Calgary/Alberta is not the right spot for you, go to Toronto. There will absolutely never be any contract positions in an M&A or a coverage group in any bank.

If you are an investment banker... well I am pretty sure you are not one. Good luck!