+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scehdule 1, question 15

nsbikegal

Apr 15, 2010
With regard to documenting all addresses since the age of 18, I have read conflicting information about how to fill out this question. Some refer to only filling out your addresses for the last 10 years, while others state to fill out all addresses since the age of 18. Do I really need to document every address over the last 24 years?

Thanks
Brenda

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nsbikegal said:
With regard to documenting all addresses since the age of 18, I have read conflicting information about how to fill out this question. Some refer to only filling out your addresses for the last 10 years, while others state to fill out all addresses since the age of 18. Do I really need to document every address over the last 24 years?

Thanks
Brenda
Yes, that is what the instructions state. "List all addresses where you have lived since your 18th birthday" Can't be much clearer than that.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yes, well, my question is, what is the definition of "lived." :)

Seriously - should I list only permanent/official addresses (there's enough of those), or temporary addresses too? If there's a lot of back and forth between two addresses, do I list them multiple times (to show continuous non-overlapping dates), or is one listing enough (but would look like overlapping with another address)?

Examples:
1) Student off at college for 8 months of the year, but back "home" during the summers, for 4 years
2) Away for 2-3 months doing an internship, educational program, or temporary assignment
3) Summer and winter residences

USNick

Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
AOR Received.
20-03-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-08-11
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
I would also be interested to hear what others have to advise about this issue. Of course I want to answer the question as completely and honestly as possible, but I don't know at what point I may be just giving them 'way more information than they desire.

I've worked many, many jobs "out of town" that have lasted anywhere from six weeks to eight months at a stretch. During those times I have been provided housing by my employer, which may have been a company-managed apartment or just one of those extended-stay hotel rooms. (And some of those places, I'm afraid, I have absolutely no memory of their addresses.)

Should I include every temporary address that I've had while working out of town, even if I would've also been maintaining a permanent residential address?

And if I should include temporary addresses (and therefore submit a really long list to cover the twenty years since I turned 18), do you think providing the address of my employer would be an acceptable substitute if I don't have a record of the actual temporary residence I had?

And yes...what about time during university? Should I give each campus dorm address, or each campus mailing address (which may not be the same thing), or count that as time in which my official/permanent address was my parents' home, where I would return for summers and winter holidays?

(This is one of those situations...and I seem to encounter so many of them!...where yes, the directions on the form are very simple and clear; it's just that my life isn't. :) Sometimes it's hard to make the immigration people, friendly and helpful though they may be, understand that.)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
USNick said:
(This is one of those situations...and I seem to encounter so many of them!...where yes, the directions on the form are very simple and clear; it's just that my life isn't. :)
So so true...! Even the education section is causing hair-pulling in confusion...

Buffalo refused to answer, so I called the in-Canada number and was told this... YES, list EVERY address, even temporary, except "just visiting" doesn't count as "living" :) But you only need to list each address once, and add some explanatory information (e.g. indicate "permanent/parents' address" or "temporary student address" so that the IO can understand overlapping dates. Of course, there is absolutely no space on the form to do this, but I had to add extra pages anyway.

For me, I figured that meant, if I had ever stayed anywhere long enough to have received mail, it counted (30+ addresses so far). For on-campus, I just listed the school name and "temporary, campus residence", as there is no "street address". This is the ONE time in my life that being a pack-rat has been beneficial - I have all my tax records back to 1979, and kept a lot of correspondence that had my addresses. This was quite an archival expedition, but I found most of them that way. Google Earth also helped :)

I did not ask what to do in case an address or two were unrecoverable.

The friendly helpful person suggested that when filling out that form, I just "think like an immigration officer." :)

drdev

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
AOR Received.
27-07-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
23-11-2011 via email
Passport Req..
23-11-2011 via email
nsbikegal said:

Thanks
Brenda
i have heard from somewhere that you have to list all the addresses where you have lived for atleast 6 months

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
"At least 6 months" applies to PCCs, but not the addresses...

This topic is also being discussed in the Skilled Workers forum...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/moved-apartments-frequently-too-many-different-addresses-to-declare-t39774.0.html