14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Sky-Walker said:
I have received CoPR and destination city mentioned Regina. Can I thought to settle in Saskatoon? is it good and legal?

Any idea?
Perfectly legal

Sky-Walker

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2016
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2016
IELTS Request
With Application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
ALHAMDULLIAH
LANDED..........
30-Dec-2016

Fredrick_n

May 5, 2017
I know this question of mine has been passed around quite alot, but even after reading most of the threads, i still can't get a good grip on the subject.

its about safety in Saskatoon.

the comments are really contradictory. all the way from "Saskatoon is a sh**hole, stay away from it at all costs" to "its a decent beautiful city, every city has problems" or "mostly its gang problems, if you are not into gangs, or drugs, you don't have anything to worry about. if you stay away from trouble, trouble will stay away from you" ...

ppl who have lived there a long time, seem to like it, while there are others who ran away not even looking back !

its confusing. REALLY ! Canada has one of the lowest crime rates in the world, and is ranked 8th in the World Peace Index, but then again, Saskatoon is rated as one the most dangerous cities in Canada. according to Saskatoonpolice.ca, there has been 180 residential Break and Enter reports in the last month ! 155 assaults, and 10 armed robberies. all in such a small city.
a user ( with a rather racist tone ) once said "all these sh**head immigrants from ablaze 3rd world countries come here, and complain about safety !"

to that i say; yes, well, point taken ! those safety problems are one of the reasons people immigrate ! I personally would like to live some place safe, thats why i immigrate. I'm not complaning, I'm just asking about the situation. in my country, police is rather conservative like the government, not publishing the stats. but we certainly dont have 10 armed robberies a month ! whenever we have one, its all over the news. maybe 1 or 2 every 6 months or so. same goes about break and enters.
we do have petty theft 10 fold though ... and don't get me started on financial corruption of SOME ppl ...

Moneysence.ca has rated Saskatoon safety as :
Crime severity index : 121.2
Crime rate per 100,000 : 9801

comparing these to Toronto (the busiest city in canada )
Crime severity index : 56.4
Crime rate per 100,000 : 3788

or Ottawa
Crime severity index : 47
Crime rate per 100,000 : 3635

( again , i dont have these stats about my current city. if I had, i wouldn't be asking so many questions)

See what i mean here ? I can't process this information.
what, are Toronto or Ottawa exceptionally nicer than other cities ? is Saskatoon really that unsafe ...

I ... I donno, I'm lost ...

I'm a Saskatchewan Nominee, and I am very grateful for that. But also, I do not have much choice of where to start.
I just want to know what I am getting into.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated guys ...

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know this question of mine has been passed around quite alot, but even after reading most of the threads, i still can't get a good grip on the subject.

the comments are really contradictory. all the way from "Saskatoon is a sh**hole, stay away from it at all costs" to "its a decent beautiful city, every city has problems" or "mostly its gang problems, if you are not into gangs, or drugs, you don't have anything to worry about. if you stay away from trouble, trouble will stay away from you" ...

ppl who have lived there a long time, seem to like it, while there are others who ran away not even looking back !

its confusing. REALLY ! Canada has one of the lowest crime rates in the world, and is ranked 8th in the World Peace Index, but then again, Saskatoon is rated as one the most dangerous cities in Canada. according to Saskatoonpolice.ca, there has been 180 residential Break and Enter reports in the last month ! 155 assaults, and 10 armed robberies. all in such a small city.
a user ( with a rather racist tone ) once said "all these sh**head immigrants from ablaze 3rd world countries come here, and complain about safety !"

to that i say; yes, well, point taken ! those safety problems are one of the reasons people immigrate ! I personally would like to live some place safe, thats why i immigrate. I'm not complaning, I'm just asking about the situation. in my country, police is rather conservative like the government, not publishing the stats. but we certainly dont have 10 armed robberies a month ! whenever we have one, its all over the news. maybe 1 or 2 every 6 months or so. same goes about break and enters.
we do have petty theft 10 fold though ... and don't get me started on financial corruption of SOME ppl ...

or Ottawa

( again , i dont have these stats about my current city. if I had, i wouldn't be asking so many questions)

what, are Toronto or Ottawa exceptionally nicer than other cities ? is Saskatoon really that unsafe ...

I'm a Saskatchewan Nominee, and I am very grateful for that. But also, I do not have much choice of where to start.

Besides Saskatoon, there are other cities in SK such as Regina and Swift Current to choose. I love the traffic and driving conditions in SK.

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015

or Ottawa

Saskatoon is a very safe place to live, I live in Regina and is the same. Most the "crime" that happens in Saskatoon and Regina happens in the same neighborhood (north central in the case of Regina) where all the indigenous people live (first nations)( i hope that did not sound racist but it is the truth) . You will see when you get here. You will have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Fredrick_n

Mir Abid

May 14, 2017
Hello guys ,
In the recent PNP nomination for SASKETCHWAN , They have invited Engineers with Engineer in training from APEGS , Can anyone tell me how to get EIT from APEGS ...

Aarehn

Apr 29, 2017
Am going to be moving to Saskatchewan .Am looking for opportunities in marketing and Digital marketing while my wife is looking for opportunities in the Banking/ Insurance. Which city has more opportunities for us between Regina and Saskatoon

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Probably similar. Would look also look at current job postings to see what you can expect. Saskatchewan is a small city in terms of population and you are going to a mid-sized Canadian city.

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
still, this issue is not fully answered... I am preferring Regina...since it seems to be better ogranzied, it is the capital