+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ: Issued from Sydney, Submission to Ottawa, why? Local office is Scarborough.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I got RQ that has been issued from Sydney, NS and asked to submit to Ottawa, ON when my local office should be Scarborough, ON. Any idea what can be the possible reason? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and responses.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
chandu007 said:
Hi, I got RQ that has been issued from Sydney, NS and asked to submit to Ottawa, ON when my local office should be Scarborough, ON. Any idea what can be the possible reason? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and responses.
It sounds like they trying to get the load from the Scarborough office and share it with Ottawa. Could be the possibility of processing it faster.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
It sounds like they trying to get the load from the Scarborough office and share it with Ottawa. Could be the possibility of processing it faster.
Yeah thats possible. Ottawa processing your RQ and then forwarding your file to CJ in Scarborough.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also think so. I verified this with CIC Call Center and the agent said that such scenarios are happening and the file will be sent to a local office after RQ processing.

Suin said:

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wouldn't that complicate things even more? The risk of losing files goes up. Applicants are having problems getting information on their files that are sent to Sydney. The CIC agency says that they haven't received their application yet despite the fact that someone signed for the package (days or weeks ago). Why can't the CIC get their process organized? Just issue an RQ in one stage. that's all.

chandu007 said:
I also think so. I verified this with CIC Call Center and the agent said that such scenarios are happening and the file will be sent to a local office after RQ processing.