+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right of Permanent Residence Fee-----question pls help

jordan2110

Star Member
May 26, 2012
My wife just received a phone call from Canadian embassy in Ukraine asking for "Right of Permanent Residence Fee". Ok i knew i had to pay the $490 eventually but i dont know what to do..i dont want to make any mistakes...please help..

what does it mean when they ask for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, are we nearing the end of the immigration tunnel?

They told my wife they will only start her application once the $490 is received. I thought they ask for the money once she is approved..i really hope its just miss communication with english.

please help

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
You need to send the receipt to Mississauga, and also send a copy of it to your visa office via fax or email so they know u have paid the final fee and sent the receipt onto Mississauga.

The $490 is the RPRF and it should be the last thing u have to do before the visa is issued. I also believe that they should have approved your file before asking for the RPRF fee, so hopefully it's not true that they haven't even started processing your wife's file because the RPRF is not necessary to process the application... it is only required to finalize the application (they recommend it all up front but it is not necessary).