+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reunite with family .....??

$trider

Dec 11, 2011
Hi all,
I'm new here and hope someone can help me pls.
I'm currently living in a Far East country. At the moment my parents are living in Canada and also my brother and sister. I've been told that I could reunite with my parents as I'm the only son living in my country .... is there a category where I could apply to reunite with my family. my brother and sister are Citizens but not my parents ... they are permanent residents. I'm currently single.
I just want to find out whether there's a category as such ??? if so can someone pls give me some links about that. ?? I browsed the CIC website but had no joy finding any related info. Hope someone can help me.

PS : I'm not even sure this is the correct section for this topic.... if not I would kindly ask an administrator to move the topic to the relevant section pls.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are age 22 or younger, you can be considered as dependant of your parents and your parents can sponsor you to come to Canada.

$trider

Dec 11, 2011
steaky said:
If you are age 22 or younger, you can be considered as dependant of your parents and your parents can sponsor you to come to Canada.
thanks steaky for the swift response ... but NO I'm way over 22 :) .... is there any other category if your over 22??

theedge

Star Member
Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
File Transfer...
?
Med's Done....
29-08-2011
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
$trider said:
thanks steaky for the swift response ... but NO I'm way over 22 :) .... is there any other category if your over 22??
I don't think so... I'm no expert but I don't think your brother/family can sponsor you to canada...I think the only way you can is applying as a skilled worker ...if you have any qualification.