+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning to Canada with 1 week buffer

dram

Mar 5, 2023
Hi all,

I am working in Canada and I went to my native country to attend parent's medical emergency. I have 1 week buffer to meet residency obligation. Will there be any issues at the entry.

thanks

Samrao100

Mar 13, 2022
Hi all,

I am working in Canada and I went to my native country to attend parent's medical emergency. I have 1 week buffer to meet residency obligation. Will there be any issues at the entry.

thanks
Don’t think so, they might warn you at Port of Entry, am in a similar situation, applied for PRTD, so you mean by 1 week buffer, you have 737 days of Residence in the last 5 years? PR expiry date is?

dram

Mar 5, 2023
My pr card expires this October. I stayed in Canada for 630 days. I should stay more 100 days out of 107 days to meet RO. I am travelling to Canada this week.

Samrao100

Mar 13, 2022
My pr card expires this October. I stayed in Canada for 630 days. I should stay more 100 days out of 107 days to meet RO. I am travelling to Canada this week.
Should be perfectly fine. You have all of April, May & June to make up for the 107 days + part of March also & then apply for Renewal with plenty of time before expiration of Card.

Just fyi: in N America (US & Canada ) it's best to use the verb "Live" instead of "Stay" (that's an Indian usage I'm familiar) if you're describing a long term thing. "Stay" is Short Term .. like Staying as a tourist, or Staying with your relatives somewhere else. Just so you're not giving the Wrong Impression to whoever's questioning you ..
Regards motives ie Permanent Residency or whether its just a Temporary short term intention ‍♂

Reactions: dram