+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning after 3 years

beerta

Aug 29, 2011
Dear All,

I did my landing in Feb 2008 and left after 20 days and never went back. I have finally decided to move in October 2011. I certainly will not have completed the 730 days requirement. My question is

- Will I be able to enter Canada back?will immigration officer let me in or they have the right to reject me from entering in canada

- lets say if everything goes okay at the airport, can i apply for renewal of PR. Hopefully I would have completed some 400 days. Do they easily give renewals? Do I apply for renewal after my PR expires in 2013?

-Also I lived in Canada from 2001-2007 for my education. Will that me counted towards my 730 days?

I really appreciate everybody's responses. i have quit my job here in Dubai-UAE and need to be sure as to what to expect once I reach Canada

Thank you
Beerta

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. No - the immigration officer cannot stop you from entering Canada. However if he/she determines that you haven't met residency requirements, they can report you. If you are reported, you will have to appear in front of a judge to argue why you should be allowed to retain your PR status.

2. You should not apply to renew your PR status until you have 730 days of residency in the last five years. In other words, once you re-enter Canada, you should remain in Canada (without leaving for even one day) until you have accumulated the 730 days and only then should you apply for renewal. If you apply with only 400 days - your PR renewal will definitely be denied.

3. No - these days don't count.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla is right. The IO can report you on entry if they believe or you admit that you have been outside Canada for more than 3 years during your first 5 years as a PR. However, from what I have heard, the IO's are often forgiving and let people in without reporting them. If that happens, you should stay for 2 years and not apply to renew until you have your 730 days. Being in Canada with an expired PR card is usually not a problem. You will have your SIN card, health care and drivers license soon after you arrive and you will not need your PR card in your daily life.

beerta

Aug 29, 2011
thanks guys for all your help...highly appreciate it.....

I hope all goes well at the airport.

K

KKE

Dear Beerta,

Please share with your expierence when you will enter to Canada. Thanks.

olags

Oct 25, 2011
Dear Beerta,

Kindly relay your experience at the Immigration. Like you, I am here in UAE and planning to return to Canada without completing the required residency requirements.
Hope to hear from you.