+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

resume banks and overseas freelancing in IT

MortyC137

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Hi,

I'm an FSW-outland applicant. Since I am now unemployed and my application passed all the stages according to the GCMS notes, I was thinking of applying for IT jobs in Canada now, Quebec included.

I don't want to send my resume left and right. That would be a waste of time and it might even jeopardize my post-PPR job hunt.
But I guess it's safe enough to make my resume visible to employers and headhunters.

Where would be a good place to upload my resume?
- careerbuilder ?
- monster ?
- dice ?
- indeed ?
- jobbank.gc.ca ? Does it even work now? The website says that my Express Entry Profile Number and/or Job Seeker Validation Code is invalid.

I've set the desired location to Canada on careerbuilder, but I got a whopping 0 profile views from Canadian companies.
I am getting spammed by US recruiters though.

Do you think I have any chance as a freelancer 100% remotely from Western Europe?

thank you

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I'm an FSW-outland applicant. Since I am now unemployed and my application passed all the stages according to the GCMS notes, I was thinking of applying for IT jobs in Canada now, Quebec included.

I don't want to send my resume left and right. That would be a waste of time and it might even jeopardize my post-PPR job hunt.
But I guess it's safe enough to make my resume visible to employers and headhunters.

Where would be a good place to upload my resume?
- careerbuilder ?
- monster ?
- dice ?
- indeed ?
- jobbank.gc.ca ? Does it even work now? The website says that my Express Entry Profile Number and/or Job Seeker Validation Code is invalid.

I've set the desired location to Canada on careerbuilder, but I got a whopping 0 profile views from Canadian companies.
I am getting spammed by US recruiters though.

Do you think I have any chance as a freelancer 100% remotely from Western Europe?

thank you
will be tough to get past most company filters if you aren’t living in Quebec and aren’t a PR yet.

MortyC137

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
will be tough to get past most company filters if you aren’t living in Quebec and aren’t a PR yet.
You're probably right.
I would have made good progress if I could get some headhunter on the phone and get confirmation that it's not going to happen without a PR.
So far I'm only getting emails from recruiters in the US and my home country.