+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration worker status with CSQ

rtz2020

Jul 17, 2020
Hello,

I am a csq holder, received my csq after my pgwp expired. I recently received a job offer and plan to apply for a work permit restoration under the public policy due to COVID-19. I am wondering how long does it take to receive a CWP, I have a friend received it in 3 business days and another one received it in 10 business days. Is there anyone else who can share your timeline? Thanks!

Last edited:

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello,

I am a csq holder, received my csq after my pgwp expired. I recently received a job offer and plan to apply for a work permit restoration under the public policy due to COVID-19. I am wondering how long does it take to receive a CSQ, I have a friend received it in 3 business days and another one received it in 10 business days. Is there anyone else who can share your timeline? Thanks!
Usually in 2-3 weeks max. Call MIFI to know if they posted it. I heard they post enmasse on particular days only.
All the best

rtz2020

Jul 17, 2020
Usually in 2-3 weeks max. Call MIFI to know if they posted it. I heard they post enmasse on particular days only.
All the best
Realized that I made a mistake in typing, I was intended to ask how long does it take to get restoration cwp approved.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Realized that I made a mistake in typing, I was intended to ask how long does it take to get restoration cwp approved.
Cwp takes close to 190 days officially but people are getting it in around 120 days or so. Since you are out of status now, first you would apply for restoration and then A75.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
well. because of the following policy. a few friends of mine received their cwp with restoration in 10 business days:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/restoration-extension.html, so I am checking if someone had similar cases
Haven't heard of anyone receiving cwp approval in ten days except for those who change employer get it in max ten days with a priority code.
Hope others who have gone through similar situation as yours help you here.
All the best

rtz2020

Jul 17, 2020
Haven't heard of anyone receiving cwp approval in ten days except for those who change employer get it in max ten days with a priority code.
Hope others who have gone through similar situation as yours help you here.
All the best
you are always being friendly and polite on the forum, thanks for your reply anyway. We also have the priority code
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/restoration-extension-trv.html#applied

Reactions: Immstu

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I'm still waiting for mine since 30 days. I applied through the same employer. It is a WP extension appl which i was told will take anywhere between 4 to 6 months but got a letter from IRCC saying I can use it where the WP is required until the new WP is approved.

rtz2020

Jul 17, 2020
I'm still waiting for mine since 30 days. I applied through the same employer. It is a WP extension appl which i was told will take anywhere between 4 to 6 months but got a letter from IRCC saying I can use it where the WP is required until the new WP is approved.
lucky you, I am having a different situation, I cannot have an implied status. Yours is the same as my roommate, he applied in June and received it last week

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017

rtz2020

Jul 17, 2020
Thanks. I try my best. I hope I haven't come across otherwise.
Those priority codes are a bit long in caps. Maybe there's one for you also. Hope you get it fast.
It took me 3 months to find a proper job fits my field and an employer who is willing to pay employer compliance fee for me, I am worrying that my employer may withdraw the offer if he realized it takes too long. The federal stage is crazily long and I wanna continue my life in Quebec rather than backing my home country during covid

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
It took me 3 months to find a proper job fits my field and an employer who is willing to pay employer compliance fee for me, I am worrying that my employer may withdraw the offer if he realized it takes too long. The federal stage is crazily long and I wanna continue my life in Quebec rather than backing my home country during covid
I understand. It certainly is a catch 22 situation.

As soon as you apply for restoration, get the job offer number from your employer (most get it same day), and then you apply for A75 with an explanation. You can take out the acknowledgement of A75 from your GCKEY to show your employer that you are eligible to work.

I am sending you pm of a french page where you would surely come across a similar case to yours.

All the best.

chingkong

Sep 18, 2018
Cwp takes close to 190 days officially but people are getting it in around 120 days or so. Since you are out of status now, first you would apply for restoration and then A75.
@Immstu
well. because of the following policy. a few friends of mine received their cwp with restoration in 10 business days:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/restoration-extension.html, so I am checking if someone had similar cases
so as a resul
I understand. It certainly is a catch 22 situation.

As soon as you apply for restoration, get the job offer number from your employer (most get it same day), and then you apply for A75 with an explanation. You can take out the acknowledgement of A75 from your GCKEY to show your employer that you are eligible to work.

I am sending you pm of a french page where you would surely come across a similar case to yours. hi what is A75.. as far as i can understand in ircc public policy those who are previously assessed as workers and have job offer they can still continue working while on restoration.. hopefully u can enlighten me with this..