+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[RESOLVED] Query : Recieved invite for OINP and 10 days later received ITA, should I still go for OINP just in case?

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Should I go for OINP even after i received ITA for CEC?

Update : Once you receive ITA OINP cannot access your profile so no point in filling for OINP after receiving ITA

Last edited:

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Should I go for OINP even after i received ITA for CEC?

Update : Once you receive ITA OINP cannot access your profile so no point in filling for OINP after receiving ITA
Hi

I had submitted OINP application as well just before I got ITA. so should I reject ITA if I want to go through OINP? Please confirm

Jul 1, 2020
According to me, OINP is expensive. My consultant always convinced me to stick with EE if there is an option. OINP documentation is tedious, and I guess it will take time for you to get it compared to EE. I hope it helps.

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
According to me, OINP is expensive. My consultant always convinced me to stick with EE if there is an option. OINP documentation is tedious, and I guess it will take time for you to get it compared to EE. I hope it helps.
actually there is some confusion regarding my express entry profile. I had submitted my EE profile under CEC class. and it required minimum 1 year of experience in canada for e.g 52 weeks. I have 50 weeks only in canada and after that I was working remotely in India. I was not aware about this clause and I got 50 points for canadian experience in my EE profile. Now I am not sure if I should reject my ITA.

Although I have already submitted my OINP profile. So I was thinking to reject ITA and get it done through PNP. or withdraw my OINP application and apply directly for PR with received ITA.

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
actually there is some confusion regarding my express entry profile. I had submitted my EE profile under CEC class. and it required minimum 1 year of experience in canada for e.g 52 weeks. I have 50 weeks only in canada and after that I was working remotely in India. I was not aware about this clause and I got 50 points for canadian experience in my EE profile. Now I am not sure if I should reject my ITA.

Although I have already submitted my OINP profile. So I was thinking to reject ITA and get it done through PNP. or withdraw my OINP application and apply directly for PR with received ITA.
Few people say your remote work from India will be counted for e. g my consultancy also saying this that I should go ahead with ITA and withdraw OINP. you have 1 year of experience in canada, but I am not sure if my work weeks in India will be counted or not. It just 2 weeks less and what if they reject PR application.I thoguht safer route will be get it done through OINP. I am confused

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Why you want to decline your ITA, whole purpose to apply for OINP is to get ITA, can you explain your situation a bit more

Jul 1, 2020

Oh okay, As you have a positive OINP, you should reject EE ITA due to this reason. The travel history which we provide will bring this up to their attention. Do you know a consultant to seek some advice?

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020

YEah, I also read somewhere that IRCC is strict in terms of hours in CA, infact they are pretty strict and follow the rules only, better consult a lawyer in this case

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Canadian work experience

(3) For the purposes of this section, Canadian work experience is work experience that
  • (a) is acquired by a foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
  • (b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers;
  • (c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1); and
  • (d) is remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-application-management-system/current.html

Edit: Wanted to add - From what i have read but cannot source on these forums : If you took two weeks paid vacation outside Canada, that's fine. But if you were not on leave and worked outside Canada, it does not count as Canadian work experience. (There might be a loophole here, if you worked 2 weeks remotely, but never ended up taking your 2 weeks mandatory paid vacation, though i am just speculating)