residency questionnaire

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canmanottawa said:
Another question

I see that they are not asking now from all the time since you arrived to Canada. they specify the period of time they want

Is that right? Also when they are for entry and exit records , does that mean that we should contact CBSA??? they already have consent to contact them in the application itself
The application form has a little square you have to check to authorize CIC to contact CBSA and get that information from them, I think it´s faster that way, if you you don´t check it then you have to contact CBSA and get it yourself due to privacy legislation

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canmanottawa said:
thank you very much
any link to any reference letter?
Go to Google and type "letter of reference"...you´ll find thousands of links and models

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muzmil said:
Here is the new version :

http://residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/cit_520-e.pdf
This is not an RQ form but is in effect a condensed version of the 'old' RQ referred to by EasyRider. This 'old' RQ required information from the date you 'first arrived' in Canada where it was often the case that this date was pre landing e.g those who came as refugees, WP holders, students etc. This created a huge paper load for dispatch to CIC. There has been statements across various immigration forums of a 'new' RQ effective Nov 2013 that asks for information from the 4 year qualifying period used by the applicant. This 'new' version of the form has not bee provided by any applicant as yet so we have to go with what they say in regards to the 'information requested period'.

The only advantage of the 'old' RQ form is that it would be beneficial for those applicants with less than 1095 days of physical presence relying on the centralized mode residency test as it gives CIC and the CJ an idea of your total residence period in Canada. The 'new' RQ form if it does indeed only refer to the 4 year period indicates that CIC as case law progressively shows are now going for 1095 days of physical presence and they will challenge everything else before the courts.

The condensed version is of more relevance anyway as it narrows down to evidence that is directly conclusive or lends strong credence to physical presence in Canada...note the lack of a 'direct' request for bank statements!!

canmanottawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Thank yo very much

here is my question

I rented a room for over a year from a landlord who managed the apartment( i think it was his personal investment) he didnt own it... he ws just renting rooms out... when i moved out he signed a paper for me stating that i lived and paid my rent from the first month i was there to the last month i was there and he had his name , cell number and signature.

I am trying to call him now to get an official statement or maybe more details one but his phone is not working or it is out of service.

Not sure what i should about that or if the letter he signed is enough at that time