+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residence Calculator - Unusual scenario

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks,

My girl friend will be soon applying for her citizenship in December and she can't figure out one thing.

she left Canada once for a month of vacation to her home in Spain. but during that time she visited UK for 3 days to see her relatives and then went back to Spain. Then she returned back to Canada.

Now how does she reflect this? she tried filling the calculator and it tells dates conflict....

espn103

Sep 16, 2013
Just fill out the dates for the trip to Spain and in reason section mention about the uk trip with dates.

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
dear_pnp said:
Hi folks,

My girl friend will be soon applying for her citizenship in December and she can't figure out one thing.

she left Canada once for a month of vacation to her home in Spain. but during that time she visited UK for 3 days to see her relatives and then went back to Spain. Then she returned back to Canada.

Now how does she reflect this? she tried filling the calculator and it tells dates conflict....
The guideline for cases like this is stated in the residence calculator;

"Note: If you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in 'Destination' and list the other countries in the 'Reason' field"

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone for your input.

is this note something new? I don't recall seeing it when I filled out my residence calculator.