+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

requirements for travel documents

black crow

Nov 21, 2010
i had to fly to toronto today, but due to some domestic issues i couldnt do that.
now my pr card will expire within few days.
i am planning to apply for travel document now.
can any1 guide me in this case.
i dont have enough paper evidence like bank statements, salaray slip etc to prove my stay in canada, except an entry stamp on my passport. will it be enough ?
i have 3 years tax submission forms, but except the first year , the other 2 years are with zero income.
moreover the application for travel docs is sent to CIC in canada or submitted in local canadian embassy ?

kikizhong

Jul 18, 2012
You require urgent processing of your Permanent Resident Card application
If you have not mailed your application:

Complete your application as instructed in How to apply for your Permanent Resident Card on this page.

Include a photocopy of your travel tickets or e-ticket with your application, and write “Urgent—Proof of travel included” on your envelope. An agent from the processing centre will examine your application quickly.Your travel itinerary or e-ticket will only be accepted as proof of travel if you also include proof of partial or full payment for the ticket, showing date, amount and method of payment.

I sent my daughter's on JUL 3th, they received on JUL 5th, and approved on JUL 6th, I received her card on JUL 13th. i hope it will help you. you can see the detail on their web. by the way, i sent it by carrier.