+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requirements for H1B fast track PR entry in canada

Khashu

Apr 5, 2021
Hi i am khashu (the wife) currently not working but have 7 bands and all sections do not have less than 6 bands, however my husband is H1B visa holder in USA and we are trying to get express or fast track entry in Canada so I can pursue my post graduation from Canada as well . So I wanted to know if my ielts academic score can be added to my husbands PR file as a benefit or I have to give general IELTS as well.
Also what is the procedure to apply for fast track entry we both are above 30 , my husband has done Masters.
Also if I apply for post graduation and we apply for express entry afterwards , in that case do I have to give the IELTS general again , because I want to present a strong case to immigration authority so I have maximum chances for the selection.
Please guide me with this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi i am khashu (the wife) currently not working but have 7 bands and all sections do not have less than 6 bands, however my husband is H1B visa holder in USA and we are trying to get express or fast track entry in Canada so I can pursue my post graduation from Canada as well . So I wanted to know if my ielts academic score can be added to my husbands PR file as a benefit or I have to give general IELTS as well.
Also what is the procedure to apply for fast track entry we both are above 30 , my husband has done Masters.
Also if I apply for post graduation and we apply for express entry afterwards , in that case do I have to give the IELTS general again , because I want to present a strong case to immigration authority so I have maximum chances for the selection.
Only IELTS general is accepted for PR applications. IELTS academic results cannot be used.

Yes - you will need to take IELTS again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
And to answer your question about fast track - there's no fast track for H1Bs. The fastest way to immigrate is generally through the Express Entry program.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I want to present a strong case to immigration authority so I have maximum chances for the selection.
Its a point system and selections are based on rank. Your chances are just based on points for which you just focus on how to get more points.
Also not sure if you can wait till PR is approved for you to join masters. So you should really have plan B(if in case PR doesnt come on time during this pandemic or some issues getting enough points).

Also you can try provincial nomination if you dont get enough points in express entry.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/works.html

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Ain't nothing special about masters, h1b etc for a fast track. Everyone gets a fair shot and demand/supply dynamics determine the ITA score etc. There is nothing strong about a case, an application is what it is, no two ways about it. There are enough youtube videos about how things work.