+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Required to take all 4 TEF parts in one day ?

LucasB

Sep 1, 2019
Hello,
I want to take the TEF exam to assess my level in French.

Although, on IRCC's website, I saw that all the 4 parts of the exam must be taken THE SAME DAY in order to count as valid.

-> it is this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html
and then you click on > TEF Canada: Test d'évaluation de français ( under "Language tests we accept" )

It explicitly says "Attention! All tests must be completed on the same day for your certificate to be recognized by Canadian authorities."

So is it true ? or an error from the third party website I was redirected to ? Because all TEF tests in my city are spread on a 3-day period.

Thank you

caniche

Sep 23, 2020
Hi Lucas-- wondering about the same question! Did you ever find an official source for this? I've also only been able to see this information on 3rd party sites (i.e. test centers).

Thanks for any update you might have !

Hello,
I want to take the TEF exam to assess my level in French.

Although, on IRCC's website, I saw that all the 4 parts of the exam must be taken THE SAME DAY in order to count as valid.

-> it is this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html
and then you click on > TEF Canada: Test d'évaluation de français ( under "Language tests we accept" )

It explicitly says "Attention! All tests must be completed on the same day for your certificate to be recognized by Canadian authorities."

So is it true ? or an error from the third party website I was redirected to ? Because all TEF tests in my city are spread on a 3-day period.

Thank you

LucasB

Sep 1, 2019
Hi,
Actually I had been misled when I read the schedule for TEF tests on the test center's website.
The TEF was NOT spread out on 3 days, but they held 3 entire sessions on 3 different days. So 1 TEF with 4 parts on Monday, 1 TEF with 4 parts on Tuesday, and so on...

So I was good to go with the TEF.

Hope that clears up a bit your situation, let me know otherwise.