+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request on h&c and judiciary review

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hello happy Sunday brief question I apply for my judiciary review in February 2022 while my h$c in July 2022 and they received my application in June 2022 since then nothing yet on my h&c but on tracking my judiciary review I can see that the court have requested for my hearing record from the RAD please any idea on this because I have they will process my h$c application until the out come of the judiciary review. Thanks

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello happy Sunday brief question I apply for my judiciary review in February 2022 while my h$c in July 2022 and they received my application in June 2022 since then nothing yet on my h&c but on tracking my judiciary review I can see that the court have requested for my hearing record from the RAD please any idea on this because I have they will process my h$c application until the out come of the judiciary review. Thanks
Usually there is minimal movement on your H&C case until the outcome of JR. If they both were processed together one could be processed for no reason and that would be a waste of resources.

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Usually there is minimal movement on your H&C case until the outcome of JR. If they both were processed together one could be processed for no reason and that would be a waste of resources.
Sorry I don't understand you can you please explain better for my understanding. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry I don't understand you can you please explain better for my understanding. Thanks
If the government processed both application and both were approved, for example, then the government would have wasted resources processing both applications at the same time. That is why they usually process JR first and then H&C if JR is denied. Many people apply for JR first because they aren’t deportable on JR. If denied JR they apply for H&C which doesn’t technically stop a deportation although you can try and ask CBSA to put any removal on hold waiting for the outcome of an H&C application. You have applied for both at the same time but both aren’t usually processed at the same time.

Reactions: Ebonybaba247

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
If the government processed both application and both were approved, for example, then the government would have wasted resources processing both applications at the same time. That is why they usually process JR first and then H&C if JR is denied. Many people apply for JR first because they aren’t deportable on JR. If denied JR they apply for H&C which doesn’t technically stop a deportation although you can try and ask CBSA to put any removal on hold waiting for the outcome of an H&C application. You have applied for both at the same time but both aren’t usually processed at the same time.
Thanks alot am very grateful more wisdom and understanding