+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request of physical passport by CIC

Javalde88

Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello to everybody.
Today I received a notification on my online application. It says that I need to send my passport to the embassy of my country.
I just have two questions about this:
It means that my study permit was approved?
In case that it is approved... How much it takes for returning the passport?

Thanks

Pmanan

Jun 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrates buddy...
As per my knowledge in online application CIC ask for passport only if visa is approved...

BTW where are you from?? and when did you applied online?? means exact date??

Javalde88

Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks! I hope that the visa is approved!

I'm from Mexico, I applied on Feb 6th and until this day I recieved that notification. In my country processing time is for 2 weeks but a friend told me that they take double of time for processing the applications and it was true.

Pmanan

Jun 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey do they provide notification on personal email id aswell? which we provide in our application OR they just notify on cic account??

and do they provide updates regularly through email id about medical clearance and all such steps inbetween the process???

Javalde88

Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pmanan said:
Hey do they provide notification on personal email id aswell? which we provide in our application OR they just notify on cic account??

and do they provide updates regularly through email id about medical clearance and all such steps inbetween the process???
They sent me a email notification about that a message was on MyCIC... Also, the status of medical records was updated to passed.
For me, medical tests were mandatory before submitting the application (I needed to upload a page with the number of the designated physician).