Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
I received FP request in April 2022, I submitted my FP and the RCMP mailed the result to me on 3rd May, i couriered the result with tracking to IRCC Vancouver however the tracking is still not updated that results are received.
Does anyone have any advice ? How much time does it take to update the tracker once the results are received?

ASRAH

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Hey guys,

I had applied for Canadian Citizenship in May 2020 and had received the AOR in Oct 2020.
In Mr 2021, I have received a letter for providing fingerprints citing section 21 and 22 of Citizenship.

My question is if anyone else has received fingerpritning request. Is this part of the process or an anomaly.?The letter makes it sound like there maybe a need to ascertain identity.

Here is the text:
"The Citizenship Regulations require that we verify that applicants are free of any prohibitions from a security and criminal standpoint. Section 21 of the Citizenship Act stipulates that no period may be counted as a period of physical presence during which a person has been under a probation order, has been a paroled inmate, or has served a term of imprisonment. Section 22 of the Citizenship Act provides that a person cannot become a Canadian citizen in certain circumstances. These circumstances are based on when your citizenship application was signed. Please visit our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/situations.asp to review details about the circumstances which could prevent you from becoming a Canadian citizen. Therefore, all applications for citizenship are sent for a search of criminal records, using the biographical information on the application form, to determine whether there may be cases which require further review with regard to the provisions of section 21 or 22 of the Citizenship Act. Where there is an indication that a criminal record may be involved, it is essential to ensure that there is no error in the identity of the applicant concerned, therefore we request fingerprints to verify the applicant’s identity."

Any help is welcome. Thank you!
any update on your application after FP

Joship33

Star Member
May 18, 2019
I was asked to submit digital fingerprints to RCMP via an authorized fingerprinting company. Also there were instructions that RCMP should forward the result directly to Canada Citizenship office.

An agency I contacted for fingerprinting suggested i get the fingerprint background report from RCMP mailed to myself and then forward it to citizenship office. Thats what i did. My mail package got delivered. I will wait. for a few days to see if my status changes.

What are your instructions?
Hi. Did they give provide you the fingerprint form or did you get it on your own ? If so, then could be share the URL, please.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fingerprint request is a document sent by IRCC which has a bar code and other details. This has to be produced to get the FP done.

Joship33

Star Member
May 18, 2019
Fingerprint request is a document sent by IRCC which has a bar code and other details. This has to be produced to get the FP done.
Hi. My fingerprint request letter does not have bar code; just my UCI and application number. Thank you.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Think it changed, anyways, that letter is good enough for you to get ur FP done