+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request Additional Info, I submitted a wrong NOC code for SINP, PLS advise!

dakota1r

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
I made a mistake when choosing my NOC code when filling out EOI in the OASIS system (saskatchewan). I am a data analyst and my job fits in three different NOCs (2172,2174, 2171), I got confused and I chose the wrong NOC which requires a Licence. I received a letter asking for my licencing, my job does not require a licencing though.
I noticed this when I received this letter from them.

Employment requirements:
  • A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • A master's or doctoral degree in a related discipline may be required.
  • Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.). (I can not support this as my job does not require any licencing...)
  • Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and passing a professional practice examination.
  • Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.

How should I respond to this letter and what should I do? can I edit my submitted application?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I made a mistake when choosing my NOC code when filling out EOI in the OASIS system (saskatchewan). I am a data analyst and my job fits in three different NOCs (2172,2174, 2171), I got confused and I chose the wrong NOC which requires a Licence. I received a letter asking for my licencing, my job does not require a licencing though.
I noticed this when I received this letter from them.

Employment requirements:
  • A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • A master's or doctoral degree in a related discipline may be required.
  • Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.). (I can not support this as my job does not require any licencing...)
  • Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and passing a professional practice examination.
  • Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.

How should I respond to this letter and what should I do? can I edit my submitted application?
So what is your NOC?

dakota1r

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
So what is your NOC?

my bachelor is electrical engineering (robotics)
master (industrial systems engineering)
job: data analyst (Artificial intelligence)

I do not know what NOC will fit. Do you have any recommendations? my job does not require any license but the noc that I chose does.

I think 2174, 2172, and 2174 are more closer. I wonder which one is nonregulated?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my bachelor is electrical engineering (robotics)
master (industrial systems engineering)
job: data analyst (Artificial intelligence)

I do not know what NOC will fit. Do you have any recommendations? my job does not require any license but the noc that I chose does.

I think 2174, 2172, and 2174 are more closer. I wonder which one is nonregulated?
You need to match your job responsibilities (not title) to your NOC. That determines your NOC. So look at the different NOCs and figure it out. Your job may not require a license but for SINP to be eligible, you may need to acquire a license.

dakota1r

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
You need to match your job responsibilities (not title) to your NOC. That determines your NOC. So look at the different NOCs and figure it out. Your job may not require a license but for SINP to be eligible, you may need to acquire a license.

Considering that I made a mistake when choosing the Noc, what do I need to do now? how could I change my NOC? would this affect my application?

fm053

Oct 20, 2021
Im in a similar pickle now with Ontario, i chose two NOCs for the past 5 years but the work experience was very similar. Ended up not having 1 year experience in the one i chose in my EE. Im planning to send them a LOE stating that I chose the wrong NOC as they are very similar and my work responsibilities never changed and were same as the EE NOC. Fingers crossed. Dunno if this is equivalent to SINP but just wanted to share.

Reactions: dakota1r

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Considering that I made a mistake when choosing the Noc, what do I need to do now? how could I change my NOC? would this affect my application?
So did you receive an EOI and now they want the license? If so you need to see the draw sheet and find out if the NOC you change to is even being selected. Changing your NOC to a non licesnsed one will raise suspicious s especially if your job responsibilities match the NOC.

dakota1r

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
So did you receive an EOI and now they want the license? If so you need to see the draw sheet and find out if the NOC you change to is even being selected. Changing your NOC to a non licesnsed one will raise suspicious s especially if your job responsibilities match the NOC.
I have not received EOI, Just applied and at the initial review, they came back to me asking questions.