+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

renounced PR and applying again

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
hi there,
i am an international student. actually i was PR when i was child but i moved back to india with my parents that time and never came back. After that when i turned up 18, i wanted to come in canada but due to residency obligations i have had to renounce PR status as i did not come back in 5 years of time period when my PR expired. i come to canada as an international student.
now my question is, if i want to apply for PR in future, will there be any problem as i renounced my PR. Also is there any benefit as i had PR status before?
please reply soon

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi there,
i am an international student. actually i was PR when i was child but i moved back to india with my parents that time and never came back. After that when i turned up 18, i wanted to come in canada but due to residency obligations i have had to renounce PR status as i did not come back in 5 years of time period when my PR expired. i come to canada as an international student.
now my question is, if i want to apply for PR in future, will there be any problem as i renounced my PR. Also is there any benefit as i had PR status before?
please reply soon
Have you already renounced? Are you already studying in Canada, or have you already received the student visa? It's not entirely clear from your post above.

If you have not renounced and you are close to age 18, you might consider applying for PRTD on H&C grounds. There are other threads and discussions on this.

No, in general, there should be no negative impact of having renounced PR before. At this point not clear what basis you would be applying for PR status in future so comments about that premature.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Have you already renounced? Are you already studying in Canada, or have you already received the student visa? It's not entirely clear from your post above.

If you have not renounced and you are close to age 18, you might consider applying for PRTD on H&C grounds. There are other threads and discussions on this.

No, in general, there should be no negative impact of having renounced PR before. At this point not clear what basis you would be applying for PR status in future so comments about that premature.
thankyou for replying,
actually i applied for PRTD but it was refused because i didnt complete RO. now i am in canada on student visa.
i will be applying for PGWP soon. After that when i ll be applying for PR, will there be any benefit of renounced PR. Also my sister is citizen here, who is younger than me, is there any points for that?
2. i am in brampton, ontario. i hear that having PR specially who are 12th pass before coming to canada is difficult. As i am doing 2 years diploma in early childhood. do i need to move to other province for having PR or is it possible to have it here in ontario for me.
thankyou

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
thankyou for replying,
actually i applied for PRTD but it was refused because i didnt complete RO. now i am in canada on student visa.
i will be applying for PGWP soon. After that when i ll be applying for PR, will there be any benefit of renounced PR. Also my sister is citizen here, who is younger than me, is there any points for that?
There will be no benefit or punishment for renounced PR as far as I am aware. As to whether your sister being in Canada helps, you'll have to look at the requirements/points etc under the programme you are using to apply.

2. i am in brampton, ontario. i hear that having PR specially who are 12th pass before coming to canada is difficult. As i am doing 2 years diploma in early childhood. do i need to move to other province for having PR or is it possible to have it here in ontario for me.
thankyou
Sorry, what? What do you mean by 12th pass? As for whether province will affect your chances, again - look at the requirements/points for the programme under which you're applying.

Note, your questions here really aren't about the residency obligation, you'd get better answers in other forums on this site.

Aman Saigal

Sep 16, 2022
hi there,
please reply soon

Hey,

I was gonna apply for a study permit soon , I actually did once and havent heard back on it due to the backlog but I am pretty sure it will be a rejection due to the facteven though I am an expired pr , my pr status is valid since I never went back , now I want to renounce it voluntarily and apply for a study permit after that can you guide me on renouncing it , even though yours was renounced via prtd Iwanted to ask about prtd too and renounciation voluntarily too , can you please guide me on the procedure

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hey,

I was gonna apply for a study permit soon , I actually did once and havent heard back on it due to the backlog but I am pretty sure it will be a rejection due to the facteven though I am an expired pr , my pr status is valid since I never went back , now I want to renounce it voluntarily and apply for a study permit after that can you guide me on renouncing it , even though yours was renounced via prtd Iwanted to ask about prtd too and renounciation voluntarily too , can you please guide me on the procedure
yes sure . text me on telegram @kthindj

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hey,

So.. you already applied for study permit?? No it will not be rejection. I had worst situation than you.. I applied for prtd to request to validate my previous Pr again and it got rejected.
After that, I applied for study permit without renouncing the Pr. but still, they requested me to fill renunciation form. See, They could reject my file also because I applied for prtd first. But still they requested me to renunciation pr. and after a week . I got approved study visa. Every case and every officer discretion is different. But I dont think so they will reject because you were not aware of renunciation. They will pretty sure request you.
Still you can do one thing. you can send them webform of renunciation form and all required documents and photo in that for renouncing Pr for your trv. You can also call them on there customer service line to ask about best solution. If you have any other doubt you can feel free to contact me