+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewed passport with the visa attached on the old one..I really need an advice.

shangi

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there!!!

My employer took me on a vacation last April 16, 2010 here in the Philippines from Canada. Upon my stay here, i took the chance of renewing my passport since it will be expiring on December this year. Now, I already have with me my new passport with my visa attached to the old one.

Supposedly, I was embarked few hours ago with the Korean Airline with my employer but unfortunately I was denied by the Airline itself due to my visa which is attached to my old passport. The person who is in charge of issuing our boarding pass told me that they received a memorandum from the Canadian embassy dated April 2008 stating that any departing passenger with the visa attached to the old passport is no longer allowed to depart unless the visa is transferred to the new passport. They referred to the Immigration but the immigration has no idea on the said memorandum.

Now, I'm home seeking for an advice or guidance on what to do.
Please help. I need your response as soon as possible..
Thank you.

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi shangi,

I didnt encounter this kind of problem as u had.. I renewed my passport too, but didnt have issues like yours when I returned here in Canada. My friend who went back to
Philippines for a vacation too,renewed her passport too, just last March, and shes here again now. Maybe try another airline company, Korean Airline might be stricter than any other airline companies. Or try contacting the airline customer service and ask them about this matter, before purchasing a return ticket here just to make sure everything will be well. Try PAL or Cathay. hope this helps! Good Luck!