+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal of Closed Work Permit

sachinmundhra

Sep 15, 2020
Hi
I am on Closed Work Permit till Dec 2020. During renewal of work permit application is it mandatory to provide employer address. What will happen if the employer has closed his office?

What should i do in that case? Please suggest.

Sachin

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
They should have at least one Canadian address for tax purposes else how are they operating Canadian business and having employees on work permit?

Besides, the employer has to renew the work permit, you cant apply yourself. Therefore they sjould figure out the address part

Reactions: sachinmundhra

sachinmundhra

Sep 15, 2020
They closed the office last month and as per my understanding I cannot use that address in my current work permit renewal.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sachin

sachinmundhra

Sep 15, 2020
I am not sure about how they are operating. As I mentioned before they closed the office last month and now I am waiting for new updated address so that the renewal of work permit can be done.

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
Waiting for new address means ? You asked for the address and they are yet to respond to you? OR they are in process of finding an address for themselves?

And why are you waiting; isn't the employer supposed to fill your work permit extension form and submit?

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
Ok so if the employer will submit then i am not sure what was the purpose of posting in this forum.

Second, address is awaiting- i did not understand this answer based on the question i asked.